+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 39yrs ago today Alex

39yrs ago today Alex

Sabella made his BLADES debut,what a wonderful talented player he was the only problem was our club was on a downward spiral,TC had gone to Leeds and Woody was comin to the end of his BLADES career.UTCB

...and shin pads were definitely out of fashion for young Blades..! I still have the scars, thanks Alex. And to think if it hadn't been for FFP we could have had Maradonna as well.

I liked Sabella not as much as i liked TC,but i did like him.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I liked Sabella not as much as i liked TC,but i did like him.
    No one comes close in my estimation to TC mate,the closest is the late gr8 WOODY but Alex signed at the wrong time for us,he was on a different planet to the rest of our players at the time,given that as i said previously WOODY was comin to the end of his BLADES career.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    No one comes close in my estimation to TC mate,the closest is the late gr8 WOODY but Alex signed at the wrong time for us,he was on a different planet to the rest of our players at the time,given that as i said previously WOODY was comin to the end of his BLADES career.UTCB
    Would love to have seen him play in TC's team.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Would love to have seen him play in TC's team.
    It wudda have a joy to see that mate,both of em feedin the wonderful King of the wing.UTCB

Never saw him play and lead to believe I missed something rather special

Same goes for TC

Colin Morris onwards for me.

great player sabella not in same class as tc though for me was always 3 passes in front of owt else we had at the time remember that mazy dribble at lane end against sunerland setting up finnistons goal mind was like playing with 10 at the sty in 79 once jeff king had booted him in first minute didnt want to know for other 89

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    great player sabella not in same class as tc though for me was always 3 passes in front of owt else we had at the time remember that mazy dribble at lane end against sunerland setting up finnistons goal mind was like playing with 10 at the sty in 79 once jeff king had booted him in first minute didnt want to know for other 89
    Yes this exactly , loved him bit those dirty ****s on boxing day did us good style , Didn't Mick Speight get carried off as well , and we had a Black goal keeper at the time , Derek Richardson if I am not mistaken , I hope this not an omen for 24th September!!!

39 years ago !! that's ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    I'll forgive Jeff that for that last minute winner at Crewe

As for Alex he wasn't Diego was he

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast