+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Barnsley

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Barnsley

Well it's back to BDBL for the visit of our South Yorkshire 'rivals' Barnsley. Sure to arrive with a good following, and have had a steady enough start to the new season - albeit only turning one of those games into a victory. As we've played three teams likely to be challenging for promotion, it's a bit too early to try to compare where each team are in terms of quality, but today gives us that chance. Again should a very good crowd, and though the home games are the ones we need to be winning, this is not a match to be taken lightly.

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched probably starting?

Brooks a 'full' league debut?

Who comes in for Stearman?

Brayford seemingly heading out the door?

I think, at home, we should have enough to be beating a side who is expected to struggle. But both teams are keen to register points on the board in these type of games, so will be no easy task. I'm hopeful though, and I think a 3-1 Blades win will calm those (minority) who seem to already be raising questions (which is rediculous in my opinion at this stage). Ched goal and a Sharp double

UTB

A six point game so early in the season,i think it is.

Be nice to hammer the dingles.

The game is remembered for three disallowed goals,10 yellow cards,2 red cards,1 penalty,and 4 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    Well it's back to BDBL for the visit of our South Yorkshire 'rivals' Barnsley. Sure to arrive with a good following, and have had a steady enough start to the new season - albeit only turning one of those games into a victory. As we've played three teams likely to be challenging for promotion, it's a bit too early to try to compare where each team are in terms of quality, but today gives us that chance. Again should a very good crowd, and though the home games are the ones we need to be winning, this is not a match to be taken lightly.

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched probably starting?

Brooks a 'full' league debut?

Who comes in for Stearman?

Brayford seemingly heading out the door?

I think, at home, we should have enough to be beating a side who is expected to struggle. But both teams are keen to register points on the board in these type of games, so will be no easy task. I'm hopeful though, and I think a 3-1 Blades win will calm those (minority) who seem to already be raising questions (which is rediculous in my opinion at this stage). Ched goal and a Sharp double

UTB
    Barnsley won't be easy,like us they have a very good manager who's one of their own but i tip a 3-2 win for us.I think Evans could start but i expect BROOKSY to be on't bench,wi possibly Duffy replacin Carruthers.UTCB

Would love to think we could score 3 goals today but haven't seen enough so far to suggest we will. So will take a 1-1 draw and hope to be proved wrong.

Crowd will be about 26557.

Ched not starting today 🙁

Well done Clarke you f*cking clown. Absolutely no need for that

A much better performance - should have won by more...........and we move up into a playoff position :

Puts the last few days panicking into context. Barnsley are exactly the sort of bang average side we should be beating if we are to finish mid-table. Great result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    A much better performance - should have won by more...........and we move up into a playoff position :
    Slowly but surely does it aya...

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Barnsley won't be easy,like us they have a very good manager who's one of their own but i tip a 3-2 win for us.I think Evans could start but i expect BROOKSY to be on't bench,wi possibly Duffy replacin Carruthers.UTCB
    barnsley were easy,they were awful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast