+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    barnsley were easy,they were awful
    Yes they were poor today Twirls,but them last 10 mins dragged a bit for me,cos we were only a mistake away from not havin a deserved win.I thought Hamill was poor for them and apparently he had a r8 game against the Scabs on Tuesday.I wished BROOKSY's effort had gone in instead of rollin along the line and then hittin the post,once again he was good when he came on i thought,always lookin to cause problems for them.I thought Freeman played well today,as did Flecky the Magic hat and i must mention Jake Wright,i thought it was a good performance and we shudda won more easily.I was disapointed wi the crowd number tho,i thought we wudda had more than the Brentford game given that Barnsley sold out what we gave em.UTCB

The Duffmeister was outstanding, Fleck is getting back to his best and Brookes is really looking the part. I just hope we've still got him when the window closes.

The only negatives are that we should have absolutely mullered them and as long as it was still 1-0 I feared they'd sposs a goa, and what the hell was Clarke thinking of? If he'd kept his hands down we could have had a man advantage. As it is we need another body in up front. He'll be out for 3 games, Lavery is out of favour and Hanson is still not fit. As for Ched, I thought he looked really off the pace today, maybe 3 games in a week is too much right now.

You could tell ched has missed a chunk of pre season Duffy rightly named MOM for me although I wish brooksy had had some of the positions Duffy had in the 2nd half,thought he was brilliant today apart from when he wriggled past 2 defenders in the area and shot instead of laying it off to an unmarked Billy in the middle of the area but that's what you get with young uns sometimes

Really encouraging to hear Duffy had a good game - its what we were lacking in previous games as Carruthers does not have his instinct for position yet. He started last season very well and faded towards the end..............Fleck started slowly and got better and better - history repeating itself?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12