+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sarah Champion

Quite surprised to see The Sun publish this 'comment' last week as it takes issue with their own resident columnist Kavanagh who referred to "the Muslim problem" which was a masterclass in how to bundle a whole people into implied responsibility for the crimes of their twisted minority:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/425901...angerous-path/

Sadly Champion, whilst being spot on with the thrust of her main points in her Sun article also managed to do this and to her horror has found the likes of Kavanagh and the few posters on here praising her! I think that this is the real motivation behind her resignation - a classic political own goal on a big scale. But she'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Quite surprised to see The Sun publish this 'comment' last week as it takes issue with their own resident columnist Kavanagh who referred to "the Muslim problem" which was a masterclass in how to bundle a whole people into implied responsibility for the crimes of their twisted minority:

Sadly Champion, whilst being spot on with the thrust of her main points in her Sun article also managed to do this and to her horror has found the likes of Kavanagh and the few posters on here praising her! I think that this is the real motivation behind her resignation - a classic political own goal on a big scale. But she'll be back.
    Stop with the logical replies on here fella, it's wasted on most.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Stop with the logical replies on here fella, it's wasted on most.
    Yawn. Btw, MMM, "logical" does not simply mean "agrees with MMM's point of view" but I guess that's wasted on you and the "Hug a Jihadist" mob on here.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Yawn. Btw, MMM, "logical" does not simply mean "agrees with MMM's point of view" but I guess that's wasted on you and the "Hug a Jihadist" mob on here.
    Haha, turning into a proper little stalker now monty.....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Haha, turning into a proper little stalker now monty.....
    Dear MMM, please don't get like the bogus doctor and accuse everyone with a contrary opinion of being a stalker. I was simply replying to points made on the thread which I felt merited an answer.
    I honestly don't see one argument here being "logical" and the rest "illogical". In my view it's a question of evidence and where this cannot be conclusive then the balance of probabilities. On the one hand we have people who argue that the Islamic terrorists adhere to a perversion of Islam which is entirely distasteful to "moderate" Muslims and the majority of people who adhere to various forms of that fauth bear no responsibility whatsoever. On the other hand we have people (like me) who argue that Islamic terrorism flows directly and inevitably from attitudes, beliefs and prejudices within the wider Muslim community in Europe.
    From my direct experience of working with "moderate" Muslims in a political context I can say that I am absolutely convinced that the latter analysis is nearer the truth.

Dear MMM, please don't get like the bogus doctor and accuse everyone with a contrary opinion of being a stalker. I was simply replying to points made on the thread which I felt merited an answer.
    I honestly don't see one argument here being "logical" and the rest "illogical". In my view it's a question of evidence and where this cannot be conclusive then the balance of probabilities. On the one hand we have people who argue that the Islamic terrorists adhere to a perversion of Islam which is entirely distasteful to "moderate" Muslims and the majority of people who adhere to various forms of that fauth bear no responsibility whatsoever. On the other hand we have people (like me) who argue that Islamic terrorism flows directly and inevitably from attitudes, beliefs and prejudices within the wider Muslim community in Europe.
    From my direct experience of working with "moderate" Muslims in a political context I can say that I am absolutely convinced that the latter analysis is nearer the truth.
    Even if it is the truth political correctness will prevent any clamp down on extremism

Can't believe someone actually reads the sun headline on sun is almost always which celeb is showing some skin this week. And it's politics it is so biased it's basically a nazi style newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Can't believe someone actually reads the sun headline on sun is almost always which celeb is showing some skin this week. And it's politics it is so biased it's basically a nazi style newspaper
    Came up in my Facebook feed Silly. I'm no Sun reader (honest!) and generally I agree with your comments on the nasty little rag. Hence I was "Quite surprised..." to see it! The column that they published this time though was spot on.
    Last edited by ragingpup; 22-08-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Came up in my Facebook feed Silly. I'm no Sun reader (honest!) and generally I agree with your comments on the nasty little rag. Hence I was "Quite surprised..." to see it! The column that they published this time though was spot on.

Don't scare me like that pup I thought someone may have bought a copy.

People maybe thinking "nazi newspaper isn't that too harsh silly?"

My answer is no it's really not I studied ww2 propaganda during my collage years from Uncle Sam, buy bonds posters , do your bit posters to the nasty little newspapers the Germans used to drop over the allies to disgruntle the troops

Name:  IMG_0066.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0067.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  100.1 KB

See what I mean

Just trying to unpick this post Monty.

1. I can only speak for me here, but I don't see that the terrorists adhere to a 'perversion of Islam', that it is different to the Islam of the moderate Muslims. Isn't it the same faith, the same book, but just that terrorists (generally speaking) tend to have seized on certain passages and messages that 'support' and motivate their crimes? In my college in London we have a lot of problems with African Christians who quote faithfully the bible in justifying their own patriarchal and homophobic views passed onto our kids for us to deal with! Is that a 'perversion'? Do we 'on the left' call it that? Not that I'm aware of! I would agree with you (if that is what you are saying, that it is all part of the same faith but that some are 'perverting' it to their own ends? Is that what you meant? If so, fair enough!

2. You say that people ("like you") argue that Islamic terrorism "flows directly and inevitably from attitudes, beliefs and prejudices within the wider Muslim community in Europe". So are you saying that in your opinion, the majority of European Muslims are of the attitude and belief (common to the ISIS terrorists) that they wish to 'overthrow' all other religions and establish Islam as the only world religion, that to disbelieve in Islam is a sin punishable by death and that no other world view is tolerable? I see that you use the word 'flows directly from' but where are you drawing this line, if indeed you think there is one??

3. What evidence do you have for these views? Seems like a huuuuge statement to make if I'm understanding you right, but what evidence base is it sat on?

4. Genuinely interested as a person who works within a multi faith school and community what your experience of working with 'moderate' Muslims in a political context consists of? What community are they from and on what basis do you meet and work with them?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast