+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still into fishing?

O/T Anyone still into fishing?

Not been for two years now but with retirement on the horizon I can see a few days looming.

Since SYPAC let the lease on Brampton go I've lost the urge hence the two years lapse.
    Thing is I find tranquility when fishing and it's good to ponder lifes events and also allows that free time away from what can sometimes be a hectic way of life.

FFS..This is a message board for football fans and you post about fishing!

😄😄😄

kempo likes to fish ... So does his 8 other multis on here .

Sea fishing or beach fishing as I do now , is the way to go.
    Catching captive fish in a lake etc is no sport.
    In the sea you never know what you will get.
    If you have no sucess ,remember it is called fishing, not catching.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    FFS..This is a message board for football fans and you post about fishing!

And you post bollix

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Sea fishing or beach fishing as I do now , is the way to go.
    Catching captive fish in a lake etc is no sport.
    In the sea you never know what you will get.
    If you have no sucess ,remember it is called fishing, not catching.
    Crash get your point in bringing the catch home but leisure fishing is a skill and the sheer pleasure of landing a beautiful fish and returning it to its environment is very pleasing indeed.

Funnily enough Brin I'd just read this post and was flicking around TV channels and came across Major League Fishing. They were showing the final of a competition where 4 professionals were let loose on a lake they'd never seen or fished before. Was pretty boring watching them pull out a plethora of 2-3lb Bass. I'll stick to watching professional hot dog eating in future

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Not been for two years now but with retirement on the horizon I can see a few days looming.

Since SYPAC let the lease on Brampton go I've lost the urge hence the two years lapse.
    Thing is I find tranquility when fishing and it's good to ponder lifes events and also allows that free time away from what can sometimes be a hectic way of life.
    I love it, Brin, but never been much good at it. Tried everything including fly fishing, sea, beachcasting (never got the hang of casting and I frigging hate multiplier reels) spinning for pike, deadbaiting and, of course, coarse fishing. Used to go on the Sunday coaches from Grices, poached a bit (a lot actually) at Greasbro' Dams, sneaked into Ravenfield Ponds for carp a few times (think Steelos had the lease?) and fished Elsecarr but don't remember ever catching anything there. Once bought a licence to fish for salmon on the Lune; cost a lot and never had a bite.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I love it, Brin, but never been much good at it. Tried everything including fly fishing, sea, beachcasting (never got the hang of casting and I frigging hate multiplier reels) spinning for pike, deadbaiting and, of course, coarse fishing. Used to go on the Sunday coaches from Grices, poached a bit (a lot actually) at Greasbro' Dams, sneaked into Ravenfield Ponds for carp a few times (think Steelos had the lease?) and fished Elsecarr but don't remember ever catching anything there. Once bought a licence to fish for salmon on the Lune; cost a lot and never had a bite.
    Sounds like you had great fun along the way.

Grices coaches...wow you're going back there a bit.

White railings at the dyke.Forty four drain etc, remember them trips well.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast