+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New striker

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If today is anything to go by, why do we need a Wood replacement? Yes I said it would be difficult, with time and suitable candidates issues, but if we can perform like we did today, why would you?
    Cant argue with that other than to say the new guys are still gelling, I hope they continue to improve and impress. They'll definitely flag though as the pace they're playing at will take its toll.

Any new players will equally need to gell, that's why I like the thought of a proven player at this level (yes Joel, seriously, McCormack on a loan is a no brainer for me. He's Leeds and he'll get unrivalled chances flying in from all sides with these new guys cooking on gas).
    I'd welcome with open arms any foreign additions our scouts unearth too. The more the merrier if they're of the quality we've already poached.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Actually i got a bit confused , i meant Danny Ings.
    Lol

Yup, like Gupt said, team looked more complete today, first time for a while, so not gonna be too distraught if we don't rush out as I reckon Saiz and Ekuban (if he's not injured) and possible Alioski might cope there. Get the right man, not a panic buy!

Online is touting Oli McBurnie as a possibility. Possibly good one for the future as well as right now if he's any cop. Anyone seen/heard of him??

Mcburnie played for Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If today is anything to go by, why do we need a Wood replacement? Yes I said it would be difficult, with time and suitable candidates issues, but if we can perform like we did today, why would you?
    Because we've got no strikers......

Quote Originally Posted by gupt13 View Post
    Cant argue with that other than to say the new guys are still gelling, I hope they continue to improve and impress. They'll definitely flag though as the pace they're playing at will take its toll.

Any new players will equally need to gell, that's why I like the thought of a proven player at this level (yes Joel, seriously, McCormack on a loan is a no brainer for me. He's Leeds and he'll get unrivalled chances flying in from all sides with these new guys cooking on gas).
    I'd welcome with open arms any foreign additions our scouts unearth too. The more the merrier if they're of the quality we've already poached.
    Tell me one thing McCormack has done since he left us that makes you think he is good enough to come back to us.

Better yet, identify me a season McCormack has played in for any team in which they've finished in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianWhite View Post
    Hugill -PNE
    Zohore -Cardiff
    Olivera -Budgies
    Enrich -Eibar
    worth considering
    MOT
    😆
    I'd take Oliveria in a heart beat

Sergi Enrich looked decent in the friendly against us, might be worth a punt

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Sergi Enrich looked decent in the friendly against us, might be worth a punt
    Did he? Don't even remember him playing against us tbh

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Because we've got no strikers......
    Saiz isn't a striker? Hattrick and scores/provides, what more do you want from a striker (or do you mean he's not 6'4" and built like a brick sh1thouse?)?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)