+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New striker

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Tell me one thing McCormack has done since he left us that makes you think he is good enough to come back to us.

Better yet, identify me a season McCormack has played in for any team in which they've finished in the playoffs.
    We agree on something then😉

Just because he hasn't been in a team that's been in the play offs doesn't make him a bad striker or a poor choice, his career average is 1 in 3 and he's only 31, yes he'll be 1/2 a yard slower but his talent added to the supply he'll get get from the new flair players will equal a decent tally of goals I'm certain. Plus he won't cost a fee, what's to lose? He has talent without a doubt and is a Leeds supporter, how does that make him a poor option?
    I'm sure we'll add another one or two and I don't think we'll bring tack in either.

Quote Originally Posted by gupt13 View Post
    Just because he hasn't been in a team that's been in the play offs doesn't make him a bad striker or a poor choice, his career average is 1 in 3 and he's only 31, yes he'll be 1/2 a yard slower but his talent added to the supply he'll get get from the new flair players will equal a decent tally of goals I'm certain. Plus he won't cost a fee, what's to lose? He has talent without a doubt and is a Leeds supporter, how does that make him a poor option?
    I'm sure we'll add another one or two and I don't think we'll bring tack in either.
    Ah, McCormack you mean!

I think its as much the manner of his departure that makes it hard to accept him back, kissing the badge one minute and Fulhams bum-hole the next, and since then right royally underperformed (if his last season at Leeds is supposed to be a yardstick of what he is capable of of course).

Anyway, as said by others, why rush into something when we have a strike partnership like Alioski and Saiz, with Dallas, Hernandez and others to give assistance and options?

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Jordan Rhodes daily express has quoted apparently.

Leeds United have made a bid for Sheffield Wednesday forward Jordan Rhodes. Believed to be around £10m

Olivera for me, not a target man, knows where the back of the net is, instinctive poacher. Been out of favour at Norwich but seems to be coming back into the fold in recent matches unfortunately. Otherwise I'd take Wells, I think he'd fit well with our formation and he needs something to re-energise him like a move to us would.

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimwhite View Post
    Leeds United have made a bid for Sheffield Wednesday forward Jordan Rhodes. Believed to be around £10m
    FFS he was OK a few seasons back but give him a banjo and point him at a cow's ar5e now and he'd miss.

He always scores against us, if he signs keep him out of our penalty box defending......😁😁

Enrich scored one and assisted one vs us

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Saiz isn't a striker? Hattrick and scores/provides, what more do you want from a striker (or do you mean he's not 6'4" and built like a brick sh1thouse?)?
    Saiz is an attacking midfielder who gets his goals from shooting outside the box, arriving late etc. He isn't a striker, if you play him there he wouldn't be as effective as it is a completely different role just like Frank Lampard would never have played up front for Chelsea nor Gerrard for Liverpool or David Silva for Man City or Coutinho for Liverpool.

If we played with Saiz as our main striker we'd essentially be playing with a false 9 which our players are nowhere near good enough to technically and tactically to be implementing.

We don't need a 6ft 4 striker, we need two strikers one who can play the hold the ball up role and a quick one to give us real options that then allows Alioski, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe to do their thing and get goals the way their style of play allows them to.

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimwhite View Post

*******s

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)