+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at Rafa's words

Looking at Rafa's words

ive watched all the interviews with Rafa, and the "damage control" from the fat one.
    Its clear to see that Rafa has been promised a lot more than he is getting, Ashley is clinging on to the hope that a buyer will come in and save him from the financial burden.
    I genuinely think Ashley has had a clear indication that someone wanted to buy the club and he has used this to tickle Rafa into staying , given him promises that he isnt willing to fullfill without a buyer/investor.
    I do not believe that Rafa is involved in a consortium to take control of the club.
    There must be something in Rafa's contract to stop him from walking like Kev did, but either way, UNLESS there is a change of ownership or significant investment Rafa wont be here too much longer.
    Its not good when you hear the manager is buying players to "get us bye" rather than the players he wants.

Its always nice to hear the owners opinion, but lets be fair, its never filled us with determination like Sir John's words did.

Most of us can see how this season is going to pan out ATM. We have nothing going forward and our starting back 4 tomorrow have all been relegated from the premier league in the last 2 seasons.

Anyhoo, hopefully we can get the win, im trying to justify to my wife , why we pay for the tickets and are still unhappy, she wont ever understand, she's Spanish. Wont even ackowledge Bara or Madrid

Tbh, I think what's stopping Rafa from walking is the commitment he feels to the club-the players he's brought in, the staff, the fans, the City-he certainly comes across as an honourable man and i think that's what's keeping him here.

For what it's worth I think Ashley needs to fuck off if we ever want to move forward. The Guardian article I hoyed up makes it clear that Rafa feels that Ashley has gone back on what he promised him at the end of last season-he certainly hasn't been able (allowed?) to sign the players he thought we needed to improve and under Ashley, when is that ever going to improve? Rafa himself said it's about the players rather than the manager-he himself can only do so much. I agree, there will come a point when he can't take any more (and you wouldn't blame him) and he will feel his hands are being tied too much.

Obviously Ashley fcking off raises the question of how and who but that's another thread.

He said he could have the money the club generates
    I was under no illusion it was no more than we have spent

Take wages for all staff running of the grounds etc

We have 400k a week in dead wood wages

He didn't promise to put any money in

Rafa want control he has got it
    I would have looked into this type of thing before i negotiated with ash and certainly checked after the talks

So I can't see why he is whinging again

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    He said he could have the money the club generates
    I was under no illusion it was no more than we have spent

Take wages for all staff running of the grounds etc

We have 400k a week in dead wood wages

He didn't promise to put any money in

Rafa want control he has got it
    I would have looked into this type of thing before i negotiated with ash and certainly checked after the talks

So I can't see why he is whinging again
    He is not whinging you idiot he is merely wanting to take the club to another level but is being inhibited by the fat money grabbing buffoon.He should have been given at least 80 - 100 million but yet again the owner is backtracking.It happened the last time we went up & is happening again. Rafa cannot be blamed if he walks - he is being undermined in the same way that other managers including KK were.

He is winging
    He is covering his ass

He want told he was getting 100 mill

He wanted control of all football matters
    He was told he could have all the money the club generated

That's what he has

Get in with it
    I'm sick of his winging

And his negative tactics

I don't think Rafa has been involved in any takeover discussions- why would he be?

Also he's working with exactly what he knew he had all along but I think he's peeved that we haven't been able to shift players and that Ashley hasn't gone to sign the players he wanted before we've off loadef the deadwood.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    He is winging
    He is covering his ass

He want told he was getting 100 mill

He wanted control of all football matters
    He was told he could have all the money the club generated

That's what he has

Get in with it
    I'm sick of his winging

And his negative tactics
    Says the person a few weeks ago who thought we had a chance with signings such Hernandez, Giroud and Siggurdson.how on earth could we have afforded those with the money generated?

Does anyone recall, when Ashley first took over, trying to be pally with the fans, made some sort of gesture that he would put someting like £20 million in each season.

To be fair he probably has put that in. He just counts it as everything; so agent fees, wages, transfer fee, loyalty bonuses and other bonuses etc. etc.

I think Zip has nail on head, Rafa is to honourable to walk out at this point. However it will get to a point and if that happens i think Ashley is going to have more trouble on his hands than ever before and he really doesn't seem to get this. I know we say he doesn't care but its not good advertising for SD and himself if the protests etc. go again.

I really hope we get this investor he wants in because he's cutting his nose off to spite his face in screw Rafa around this way.

He said he would put £20 million of his OWN money into the club each season. Also, did anyone notice he said we were back to square one in his Sky love-in ? Does that mean another five year plan ?

Ah love five year plans me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)