+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keinan Davis

Quote Originally Posted by afoxy52 View Post
    Hello all it's been a while since I last posted but as usual I've kept up with all your banter
    I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's confidence boosting win & yes there were some minuses but that's football but I digress let's talk about the boy
    Keinan Davies!
    After yesterday's match I was thinking when was the last time I'd seen a C/Forward's display of that kind the way he unselfishly led the line bringing others into play,winning balls he had no right to,standing up for himself against 2 tough C/Backs
    Showing an awareness of people around him & an eye for goal which this display deserved
    This kid also has talent to go with these attributes,I think Bruce may have stumbled on a player / system that includes this boy
    Gabby take note!
    On that display the player I remember of a similar ilk to him was Keith Leonard in the late 1970's for those of you old enough to remember him & see him play what do you think?
    Apologies to the younger guys on here who never saw him play

Onwards & Upwards
    UTV
    #Seems like we wasted 26 million on Hogan and MaCcormack!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by afoxy52 View Post
    Hello all it's been a while since I last posted but as usual I've kept up with all your banter
    I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's confidence boosting win & yes there were some minuses but that's football but I digress let's talk about the boy
    Keinan Davies!
    After yesterday's match I was thinking when was the last time I'd seen a C/Forward's display of that kind the way he unselfishly led the line bringing others into play,winning balls he had no right to,standing up for himself against 2 tough C/Backs
    Showing an awareness of people around him & an eye for goal which this display deserved
    This kid also has talent to go with these attributes,I think Bruce may have stumbled on a player / system that includes this boy
    Gabby take note!
    On that display the player I remember of a similar ilk to him was Keith Leonard in the late 1970's for those of you old enough to remember him & see him play what do you think?
    Apologies to the younger guys on here who never saw him play

Onwards & Upwards
    UTV
    Ah Foxy, Keith Leonard, very much underrated. We didn’t see much evidence of Davis heading ability yesterday but the way he brought it down off his chest, turned and bullied his way through, could be likened to Garry Thompson or Alan McInally. If he can head a ball then maybe Andy Gray.
    Anyhoo, he looks a proper old fashioned CF and his efforts certainly get the crowd on their feet, now, if he had a striker playing off him, we could start to like like a team with a plan.

Great to see some faith in these young lads and hopefully after yesterday we'll be seeing a lot more..

Yes Exiled Thompson & Mcinally both old style c/f's & a bit older than Davies when we acquired them but both played for the shirt
    I know one swallow doesn't make a summer but credit where it's due for a boy of that age to perform the way he did, I hope both he & Villa can build on this
    BTW re his heading ability not being too picky with you but barring a cracking save from Gunn he would of scored a beauty
    Do you also remember another youngster who played a similar lone role for us to good effect till he was replaced by Cascarino
    Ian Olney
    Onwards & Upwards
    UTV

I was thinking maybe a young Benteke? ?

Leonard was a big lad, little more chunky. I don't think he had Davis's speed.

For some reason, Vic Crowe lined him up as a midfielder with Little playing off him in a 4-4-1-1 like formation in 73-74. Then Crowe got the sack. In came Saunders and Sammy Morgan was played up front with Little in 74-75 at the start of the season. It didn't take long for Saunders to dislike Morgan and the Little-Leonard partnership was born.

The following season Leanard was his with a really nasty injury early in the season and Saunders was forced to go in the market in October (transfer window was only closed from March-May) and buy Andy Gray.

Leonard never recovered to play for us. Not sure if he retired or tried to make it with another club.

The one thing that struck me was that Davis looks nothing like Ian Ormondroyd.

Too true Picasso possibly Frank Bruno only with a lot more ability & mobility
    I seem to remember that Leonard's was a cartilage injury which back in those days more or less finished your career, I don't believe he was fortunate to play professional football again he may of done a bit of non league
    What I do know is that he ended up working at Land Rover Solihull
    Just like me
    Back to Davies do we play him again on Tuesday v Wigan or do we adopt the treat em mean keep em keen & play @ Bristol.personally I favour the Bristol game

Onwards & Upwards
    UTV

Yeah, rest him and set him loose on Nathan

I’m not so sure on this one lads. Davis’s approach is food and drink to Baker, always was. It’s the smaller forwards with pace and movement that has been the constant undoing of Baker. I bet he’d opt for a battle anyday over being shown up by the likes of O’Hare, Hogan, Green and to a certain extent (more speed of thought) RMC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)