+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough v Rotherham - Post match thread

Just looked at the match report. Is Warney a manager? Bringing Forde & Taylor on who were useless against the Man C kids tues. Emmanuel came off & Vaulks not on in his place? Williams was subbed so that tells me he's not a 1st team player.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Just looked at the match report. Is Warney a manager? Bringing Forde & Taylor on who were useless against the Man C kids tues. Emmanuel came off & Vaulks not on in his place? Williams was subbed so that tells me he's not a 1st team player.
    Ajayi is a decent player,but he is where he is,because he as that big mistake in his locker.

O'Donnell was at fault with there 1st. A lot wrong with Warney's team building/selectiom. Our goal looked classy was cross by Mattock. Quality cross by whoever it was & finish. Problem we've got no right hand side. Emmanuel no idea going forward. Forde/Taylor/Williams none of them convince me. Midfield needs younger legs. Give Do Ball a go to waken Ajayi up.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Semi Ajayi cost us the game big style, done exactly the same error against Lincoln in the cup all he had to do is clear the ****ing ball and we never lose the game. If he doesn't learn from these errors soon then he can feck off out the team. New centre back needed.
    Bit harsh mate. It was a high speculative long ball that would have been difficult to judge in the wind. OK, he got it wrong and it cost us, but hardly worthy of a P45.

We played the better football (shades of Southend), but their diminutive front 2 caused us problems. Marriott looks a natural goalscorer, and I have to say I thought his first disallowed effort crossed the line. We haven't yet solved the problem we had last year when faced with speedy counter-attackers. Talking of goalscorers, we have to bust a gut to make Keiffer's stay permanent.

I wasn't convinced by Potter's signing, but he had a really good game today. Wasn't sure why Warney made the subs he did, but hindsight is always a winner.

Naturally disappointed with the loss, but fancy P'boro will be in the mix at the end of the season, particularly if Marriott plays the majority of games. And we will be up there with them.

Finally, a few words for the ref - GO SHOPPING INSTEAD!!

Wrong re Williams. He played well today. Took a bit of a knock just before being subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    Haha what you on, where are we gonna win away? aint won away since April 2016 and show no signs of changing!
    Doubt you would say that had you been there.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    My view from the TV camera perspective of ifollow:

But for Semi's moment of madness (now for the second time) I thought we were good for at least point. Posh were no slouches and you don't give Marriott breathing space. We owned the midfield for a lot of the game. The difference from the Southend game was that the through balls to the forwards weren't quite so effective and Peterborough's defence had a little more control over Moore and Proctor. I enjoyed watching Williams again. Not quite the game he had last week but still very effective. Potter was very very solid. Whenever he was on the ball it felt as though something could happen. I felt Newell made some good runs but some not so good decisions in front of goal. Overall we did OK and on another day could have drawn or even won. Nothing to be ashamed of. Will be interesting to see what Posh fans made of the game.
    Spot-on CT.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Doubt you would say that had you been there.
    Jeez, Fleetwood, Peterborough its hardly Newcastle and Brighton is it, same results lower level.

Sounds like we gave it a good go against one of the better sides, and came up short again. Tough home game again next week. Then at Portsmouth.

O'Donnell was at fault with there 1st. A lot wrong with Warney's team building/selectiom. Our goal looked classy was cross by Mattock. Quality cross by whoever it was & finish. Problem we've got no right hand side. Emmanuel no idea going forward. Forde/Taylor/Williams none of them convince me. Midfield needs younger legs. Give Do Ball a go to waken Ajayi up.
    Think it was Frecks who got the ball to Moore. Very well taken goal. We had many other good moments like that but we just failed to score. Posh were very similar breaking very fast and getting the ball in good positions. Sadly they did it one time more than we did. Semi's dithering was unfortunate but Marriot's lob was very cool and an excellent forwards opportunistic goal - fair play to him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast