+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Peterborough v Rotherham - Post match thread

If we had played crap I would of been exactly the same.

But we didn't that was a dam good performance and I can see how we put 5 past Southend.

Trust me play like that and cut out the silly mistakes we will hammer teams.

But for the team and Warne we need to get points on the board.

Iron out the silly mistakes (Warney also) and we have a fit team that will be in autos
    Last edited by millertop; 20-08-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Iron out the silly mistakes (Warney also) and we have a fit team that will be in autos
    Went to the match and thought we played well enough to get at least a point, which we would have achieved if it hadn't been for another Ajayi-O'Donnell cock-up. We need an experienced center back and a "Number 1" keeper. Keep O'Donnell as reserve, let Price go. Great goal from Kieffer Moore again, but the rest of the team have got to take on some goalscoring responsibility too. Several wayward shots and goalmouth scrambles where the Millers should have put the ball in the Peterboro' net. Thought Williams had a good game, and we looked worse after he was substituted

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    My view from the TV camera perspective of ifollow:

But for Semi's moment of madness (now for the second time) I thought we were good for at least point. Posh were no slouches and you don't give Marriott breathing space. We owned the midfield for a lot of the game. The difference from the Southend game was that the through balls to the forwards weren't quite so effective and Peterborough's defence had a little more control over Moore and Proctor. I enjoyed watching Williams again. Not quite the game he had last week but still very effective. Potter was very very solid. Whenever he was on the ball it felt as though something could happen. I felt Newell made some good runs but some not so good decisions in front of goal. Overall we did OK and on another day could have drawn or even won. Nothing to be ashamed of. Will be interesting to see what Posh fans made of the game.
    Fair assessment of the game CT and not far off the mark. This game could have been 2-2 at half-time, said at the time whoever scored first would go on to win the game. Disapointed not to come away with a point.
    Ryan Williams had a really good game out wide. ( Vaulks doesn`t play out wide gwru )
    Potter also had a good game and took pressure off Frecks.
    I said after the Southend game there was still work to be done defensively, get it sorted Warne.
    Peterborough with Marriott up front will be top six.
    Apart from the result a decent game to watch, we will play worse than that and win.

Forgot to add Joe Newell is getting back to the form we know he can produce more to come from him yet.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 20-08-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Fair assessment of the game CT and not far off the mark. This game could have been 2-2 at half-time, said at the time whoever scored first would go on to win the game. Disapointed not to come away with a point.
    Ryan Williams had a really good game out wide. ( Vaulks doesn`t play out wide gwru )
    Potter also had a good game and took pressure off Frecks.
    I said after the Southend game there was still work to be done defensively, get it sorted Warne.
    Peterborough with Marriott up front will be top six.
    Apart from the result a decent game to watch, we will play worse than that and win.

Forgot to add Joe Newell is getting back to the form we know he can produce more to come from him yet.
    Casper64Frank can you honestly see us being anything more than a mid table side playing as we are away from home. Warney has he got it in him to drop certain players from the match day 18. I've seen all our right sided players. None of them convince me. That includes Emmanuel/Taylor/Forde & Williams. Vaulks would be at Right back for me. We need a Keeper, would say a midfielder who is now a good player who can replace either Potter or Frecks. Potter what I've seen of him I like. Need a right sided player unless we can get Bailey-King playing well enough. Need Do Ball at least on the bench to give Centre backs a wake up call.

It was a good game, quite breathless and end to end with a bit of niggle and some good play from both teams.

A bit better decision making going forward and we'd have won, and defence could have been a bit more organised and tough at times but the CBs partnership has plenty of promise.

I think Ball is a good player but I would have kept Proctor on, would have subbed Moore for Ball over Proctor.

There is enough there that if the team clicks for long enough it will be a good season. Just good to see some attaching threat and skill after last year - seems to me that this year's team would beat last year's.

Oh and I'm not a regular but O'Donnell has never filled me with confidence

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Casper64Frank can you honestly see us being anything more than a mid table side playing as we are away from home. Warney has he got it in him to drop certain players from the match day 18. I've seen all our right sided players. None of them convince me. That includes Emmanuel/Taylor/Forde & Williams. Vaulks would be at Right back for me. We need a Keeper, would say a midfielder who is now a good player who can replace either Potter or Frecks. Potter what I've seen of him I like. Need a right sided player unless we can get Bailey-King playing well enough. Need Do Ball at least on the bench to give Centre backs a wake up call.
    Atm gwru no I can`t see us top 6 but I always give the team 10 games. After 10 games in you can tell more or less where we will end up...unless he pulls a `rabbit out of the hat come January.
    Early days gwru, it`s a marathon not a sprint.
    Will Vaulks will get his chance, a decent player with a good shot on him but doesn`t shoot too often. Williams is a different type altogether, a flair player that also puts a lot of work in. The midfield he picked yesterday was decent.
    Give some credit to Peterborough.
    PS. Will Vaulks won`t be playing right back anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Atm gwru no I can`t see us top 6 but I always give the team 10 games. After 10 games in you can tell more or less where we will end up...unless he pulls a `rabbit out of the hat come January.
    Early days gwru, it`s a marathon not a sprint.
    Will Vaulks will get his chance, a decent player with a good shot on him but doesn`t shoot too often. Williams is a different type altogether, a flair player that also puts a lot of work in. The midfield he picked yesterday was decent.
    Give some credit to Peterborough.
    PS. Will Vaulks won`t be playing right back anytime soon.
    Know it's a different game was watching cricket. Saying reason Cook & Root get runs they get the ugly runs that other players don't get. We've got to get the ugly side of our game right, get the basics right. Potter does that side of the game, does anybody else. Emmanuel as soon as he gets forward nothing happens. I haven't seen a cross from him come in yet. Went tues against Man C kids. Cummings can cross a ball, played well. Needs games. Bray did well, another one who needs game time. But Warney clutters bench up with Forde & Taylor who make no impact. Vaulks we need his imput. He's good enough at Right back & only way at moment he'll get in the side.

Encouraging words from those that attended the game but also the worries are mentioned.

The squad is ok for this league although the key positions ( back line ) have been put together - to say - on the cheap - is an understatement !

The cheap forwards don't lose games we don't win - but we don't lose if the cheap and cheerful forwards don't score HOWEVER.....the cheap and cheerful defence lose games !

The main worry is management decision making.....alluded to by those that attended.......Warney brought on attacking options to WIN.....when bolstering the defence and enjoying a point might have been the wise choice.

The manager and defence have time to learn - but have they got the ability to learn ?

We'll see ?

I think we are trying to be a poor man's ManU....conceded 4 but scoring 5 every game.....open - expansive football........
    mmmmmm....?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234