+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bradford !

Bradford !

Good win for you today , seems like this could be the kickstart to your season maybe.. One swallow does not make a summer and all that , but you never know..

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Good win for you today , seems like this could be the kickstart to your season maybe.. One swallow does not make a summer and all that , but you never know..
    Well, it certainly sounds as if a few lessons have been learned. We are not going to walk over these teams through some idea of footballing superiority. Every game will be a physical battle. Probably a particularly effective lesson for Graham and Whittingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Bad day at Black rock Ghost.. Phucked my sat night out up did Clarets losing and Rovers winning..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Bad day at Black rock Ghost.. Phucked my sat night out up did Clarets losing and Rovers winning..
    Yes and my Satdy nights been ruined as well Alf, we lost away at the dirty hoofing Blunts.
    Im consoling myself now with some decent beer/lager.

A mighty fine result and a much improved performance
    A good end to my weeks holiday after the annoyance of losing to Doncaster at the beginning.

I've had a look at one of the Bradford fan-sites, and it makes interesting reading. The general conclusion seems to be that we made life very difficult for them by pressing hard all over the pitch and defending in numbers - the very things we didn't do well in the first two games.
    I am optimistic that this lesson will have been learned. I am sure there WILL be games where we can play more attractive football, but the more gritty, attritional style is going to be required in a lot of matches. I wonder if someone like Whittingham will be able to adapt to the ugly stuff.

Sadly I don't think he can
    Alot of excitement was generated when he signed he is yet to live up to the billing and now Evans has found form it could be a while before he starts a league game.
    I personally like Evans and Smallwood in the centre they offer much needed support to the back and can pass forward
    We ditched the 5 at the back and already looked far more comfortable I am not saying we need to stop with that formation but at least shelve it until lenihan returns to full fitness.

Yes good win against Bradford,and very good performance as well. Agreed robin,Smallwood and Evans looks the right midfield combo, Dack apparently got us working all over the pitch and Samuels clearly has hit the ground running, 3 goals in 3 games in a team bereft of confidence is very,very positive.

All of which leads me to think these 4 plus Mulgrew should all be rested for the unnecesary,superflous derby in the Carabao/Coca-cola Cup or whatever its called. The last thing we want is injuries to our key players for important League games. Of course,Burnley are in the same boat! Anyway,Whittingham is a nailed-on starter for me in games like these,together with Feeney,possibly Graham and give Nuttall some game time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896 View Post
    Yes good win against Bradford,and very good performance as well. Agreed robin,Smallwood and Evans looks the right midfield combo, Dack apparently got us working all over the pitch and Samuels clearly has hit the ground running, 3 goals in 3 games in a team bereft of confidence is very,very positive.

All of which leads me to think these 4 plus Mulgrew should all be rested for the unnecesary,superflous derby in the Carabao/Coca-cola Cup or whatever its called. The last thing we want is injuries to our key players for important League games. Of course,Burnley are in the same boat! Anyway,Whittingham is a nailed-on starter for me in games like these,together with Feeney,possibly Graham and give Nuttall some game time?
    Perhaps with Gladwin in the starting line-up too, Bob.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)