+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mixed feelings tonight

Mixed feelings tonight

Great win about time and very happy we played for 90 minutes without a Gabby in sight But I'm at tag pi55ed off as my 6 match accumulator failed by just 1 goal and cost me a serious few bob.

Seriously this results shows just why so many fans are frustrated with villa this was more like it, playing as a team never say die and at last a player living up to his reputation but the most enjoyable thing was the performance of both Green and Davis, Play like that and we should frighten most defences to death and with the Koj to come back well, things could end up being ok. One game does not change anything but I feel much, much happier tonight and cannot grumble apart from my bet that is.

does anyone know why gabby was out the squad...injury??

Injury.

Good win not great TD.

Overjoyed for Davis and Green. Also for Hourihane.

Still the game had the same pattern as home games from last season.

Play great in first half but only take one chance form much of the half. We grab a goal late in first half. We did that a few times last season too. Opponents come out and use the wing to punish our poorest full back. Score. We were a substitution away from doing a Preston at home. Luckily Hourihane pops up and when they scored again he came up again. Defence is poor. 8 conceded already.

I think it may be time to rest Terry and play Samba? Really not convinced by our captain!
    Give Hogan and Gabby a run out v Wigan in midweek and save the young guns for Friday when they will come up against a determined Nat Baker!!

Turned out to be a great game, loved the kids up front, good goals and solid midfield. Defence all over the place of course making Naismith, ginger 4 and Murphy look world class. Murphy was unplayable against Hutton and Bree didn't do much better. Never easy with Villa, I saw a draw coming. I'll be at Bristol to see the same team I hope, Gabby Hogan no thanks.

TD. Terry is past his best. But, I think he will get match fit. He only played like half a dozen times last season.

Rest first team players against Wigan.

Steer
    Hutton
    Suliman
    Toner
    Borg
    Jedinek
    Whelan
    Adomah
    O Hare
    Doyle-Hayes
    Hogan (until 25th minute when he hobbles off to be replaced by Gabby)

First win and Gabby doesn't play.

(Just a fact Bingo)

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    First win and Gabby doesn't play.

(Just a fact Bingo)

First win, 4 goals should have been more and Gabby not in the squad!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)