+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A win, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Just wondering how we lined up in midfield and up front?
    Not very well.

King and Fraser far too lightweight despite occasional nice touches.

Stanton who I have liked so far wasn't quite on his game but worked away.

Fyvie is a player who will increase in influence over the next wee while.

McDonald was poor in first half for dealing with long balls and lay offs. Usually a strength of his but he kept working away.

Keatings was poor, well off his game sadly.

When your 76th minute subbie (N'Koyi) wins a long ball header within a couple of minutes of coming on and it generates a huge ironic cheer from the crowd (cos it's the first one of the game) that's when the he manager should ken!

As per OP a wins a win but that was pretty pish today. A huge wake-up call to the manager. We have an excellent squad on paper, he should be looking to produce better with the resources he has....

The defence and keeper did fine by and large...I am liking that Ray has the stones to bench Toshney and the Edge. Up to them to seize their chance as and when they get back in.

One thing to mind though, did Hibs not only win 16 games all season? We've now won 3!
    Last edited by GingerPetric; 19-08-2017 at 10:40 PM.

That game today was one of the worst games of football I've ever had the misfortune to pay into. 3 points is 3 points but it was plucking brutal.

Play like that next week and we'll be heading home from Paisley with our first defeat safely tucked under our arms

Said before and I'll say again.
    We have a squad that should win the league but a manager who isn't capable of getting the best out of them.
    I would love Mackinnon to prove me wrong but best I can see is playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Not very well.

King and Fraser far too lightweight despite occasional nice touches.

Stanton who I have liked so far wasn't quite on his game but worked away.

Fyvie is a player who will increase in influence over the next wee while.

McDonald was poor in first half for dealing with long balls and lay offs AGAINST BRECHIN WE PLAYED LONG BALLS TO A 5 7 STRIKER?? class . Usually a strength of his but he kept working away.

Keatings was poor, well off his game sadly.

When your 76th minute subbie (N'Koyi) wins a long ball header within a couple of minutes of coming on and it generates a huge ironic cheer from the crowd (cos it's the first one of the game) that's when the he manager should ken!

As per OP a wins a win but that was pretty pish today. A huge wake-up call to the manager. We have an excellent squad on paper, he should be looking to produce better with the resources he has....

The defence and keeper did fine by and large...I am liking that Ray has the stones to bench Toshney and the Edge. Up to them to seize their chance as and when they get back in.

One thing to mind though, did Hibs not only win 16 games all season? We've now won 3!
    oh my well rest of season to look forward to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huntedbyafreak View Post
    That game today was one of the worst games of football I've ever had the misfortune to pay into. 3 points is 3 points but it was plucking brutal.

say it again mckinnon and tictacs ..........................................

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    say it again mckinnon and tictacs ..........................................
    Mint?

It wasn't bonny at all.
    Can only get better....

We have a team built to play 4231. I dont care what folk say but every time we've played 442 we have been utter ****e, yesterday being a prime example. Get back to 4231, get the 3 attacking midfielders floating around with a freedom to play across the three instead of having to retain a solid flat 4 and we'll start playing football again. If we're playing 442 we need 2 very good wingers and we simply do not have that in King & Fraser.

Not overly concerned, was easily our worst performance in the 9 games this season, still got the 3 pts and are 5 wins out of 5 at home, better to have an off day in a game like that than next week where vast improvement is needed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)