+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A win, but....

A win, but....

still concerned about the way we are playing. Weæve improved the players, no doubt about that so why are the performances still as bad as last season we ask...

Yeah its a win but f uck me this is a part time team who nearly held us to a draw and didnt sit in as much as people are making out

Im sorry but this is giving me flashbacks of last season already, que the usual people coming on saying a wins a win and we need to win ugly, aye, last season to an extent i agreed with this but when we continually perfomed poorly then our winning streak came to a abrupt hault and we continued top perform poorly it cost us the league IMO

We need to start playing better, im not sure exactly what the problem is, what it is we are missing, tactics, formations, the manager himself, but im seeing nothing different to last season except the names on the back of the shirts.

Cannot stress how important it is to get out this league and IMO playing like this, we wont...

We played 4-4-2 today and we looked worse than when we play our normal formation until N'koyi came on.

Our midfield was sh*te today and Keatings when he wasn't sh*te looked like he wasn't interested. We are so lightweight it's unreal. King did better today too but you can knock him over with a feather.

Imo the problem is we have too many of the same tippytappy type players who want too much time on the ball, we seem to get bullied every game. McKinnon has been in this league a few years now and should know you need a physical presence all over the park, not just defence. Hard to believe we have 9 points when you look at the performances.Tough game next week, need to do better than today to take something.

Thank god i didnt make it then!

I was one of the 3 points in the bag guys last season, until i started to pay attention to what i was ignoring and the dip came along. I think this one may have set of an epic rant like what happened towards the end of last season!

This season i think we actually do have the players to get us through, but i just hope the manager doesnt remain loyal to under performers like he did last season, as he has options if someone aint up to it!

We simply have to play better in Paisley next week or we'll lose. Tough game. McMullan's back though.

Just wondering how we lined up in midfield and up front?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Imo the problem is we have too many of the same tippytappy type players who want too much time on the ball, we seem to get bullied every game. McKinnon has been in this league a few years now and should know you need a physical presence all over the park, not just defence. Hard to believe we have 9 points when you look at the performances.Tough game next week, need to do better than today to take something.
    Good post Charlie. The game v the Fun was quite an eye opener to see how small and lightweight we were compared to them. If you sign footballers - which everyone has been crying out for - they have to play football. And as long as they don't, there will be questions asked about Ray, justifiably. Think, hope, N'Kyoi might be a big influence for us in a partnership with McDonald.

But when was the last time we went out and smashed a team with a stunning attacking display?

To be honest I've quite liked the way we've gone about our football so far this season (Brechin aside). Teams have bad games and better it was against the likes of Brechin than the bigger teams. Ray will be right through them for next Saturday now I think

Agree with opening post, canny belive how bad keatings was today!. Dropped for next week.

Wondering if this is the culmination of not having a settled midfield and Ray trying to get some favourites match fit.

Fyvie - No denying a fit Fyvie should be one of the first picks, but should he have been ahead of (ok probaby injured) Briels?
    Keatings - Was beginning to like him before he got injured, but if he is still injured, he should not be playing! There will be a time soon that we will really need him 100% which might not happen because of a desire to play.
    Fraser - I think this is another one who has been playing through injury and sounds like he took another sore one today!

I really hope this is not Ray being stubborn to get his team on the park or an inability to say no to guys who want to play.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)