+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A little concerning

A little concerning

I've only seen the highlights, and even though our young attacking options looked amazing, for the second week (unsure what the first games stats were) but we had around 39% possession, and we are still leaking too many goals, Terry whats going on?

Yeah. Bruce calling the criticism nonsense is a bit premature. Nobody will be calling for his head after this win, but we have two tough games in midweek and if we can't beat Wigan with second string players how does he expect the squad to battle for the title?

Terry may not be fully ready to play. Just a thought as he missed most of last season. Amavi was absolutely awful after his lengthy absence

I must admit I did question whether or not Terry would be fit enough, just thought his experience would hide the lack if so

I've got used to us having crap possession stats to be honest.

As for the defence ? Well time will tell but certainly does seem like we're gonna be a "you score 2 we'll score 3" kinda team eh.

I just think, in trying to be superman, doing everything, JT leaves gaps where he should be. He reminds me of that character off ‘Little Britain’, writes the theme tuooon, sing the theme tuooon etc. I was watching him in the warm up, (JT that is, not Little Britain), during the game and in yesterday's case, when Naaaarich took 20 mins for half time, he was constantly talking, encouraging, putting an arm around our right back, *******ing the bench (I kid you not). The sooner he can stamp his pedigree on this club and get on with his own game the better.
    We’re all sitting back expecting miracles, they don’t just happen, they take time, hard work and luck.

JT is doing fine, so stop looking for the sky to fall in folks. After all, it’ll only be an acorn, just ask ‘Chicken Licken’, else you could end up in ‘Foxy Loxy’s’ belly.

Dennis Waterman!!!!

Thank you for the JT report. That's what we don't get from the media. We just hear when they think he is trying to get the Villa player manager job or visiting sick Chelsea players in their dressing room. :-)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)