+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slater's post match interviews

Slater's post match interviews

I couldn't get to the match, so heard the interesting radio interviews yesterday.

First Nolan revealed that several clubs are trying to sign Forte. Then it was noticeable that Noble called all his players by their fore names in his interview - except for "Forte." This was followed by a toe-curling interview with Forte, who to his credit refused to be drawn into slagging off Nolan on air about his and Nolan's "frank" discussion. Two things apparent - Nolan and Forte don't like each other and that Forte would go given the chance- "I am a Notts player for now." Interesting to see what happens on Friday, I suspect Forte won't start, which given Stead's level of impact is ridiculous and could well lead to Forte's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I couldn't get to the match, so heard the interesting radio interviews yesterday.

First Nolan revealed that several clubs are trying to sign Forte. Then it was noticeable that Noble called all his players by their fore names in his interview - except for "Forte." This was followed by a toe-curling interview with Forte, who to his credit refused to be drawn into slagging off Nolan on air about his and Nolan's "frank" discussion. Two things apparent - Nolan and Forte don't like each other and that Forte would go given the chance- "I am a Notts player for now." Interesting to see what happens on Friday, I suspect Forte won't start, which given Stead's level of impact is ridiculous and could well lead to Forte's departure.
    I hate it when managers get personal about their players. Whether or not you dislike someone as a person should not interfere with your judgement as to their capabilities as a player.
    Mourinho went down this path with his Chelsea players and look what it did to him and his team.
    I know Kevin is a god right now and criticism is unwanted but this appears to be a cloud on his horizon. It's clear that Forte is a player Notts need at this point of the season.

I heard the interview & it certainly sounded like there was "needle" between them, it seems KN told Forte exactly what was expected from him & to his credit he seems to have reacted. If Forte is not in the starting 11 on Friday I will be disappointed in KN & would expect JF to ask for a transfer.

It's always interesting when these issues arise. There's obviously something going on behind the scenes or on the training ground. If Nolan is trying to instill a certain culture or ethic and a player doesn't subscribe to it, what does he do if that player should be in the team?
    If he plays him it undermines what he's trying to do, if he doesn't then you get fan unrest.

I'm guessing Lee Hughes is a good example of that ( and McLeod), the only thing you can do is keep banging them in.

I only heard the interview with Forte and I was impressed with Charlie Slater's willingness to ask and then persist with the difficult questions, particularly after the player has scored and we've won the game.

Dunno what's gone on between Nolan and Forte, but I would be pulling out the stops to keep him and start him next Friday. Stead is past it, and we only appear to be in the market for young loan strikers who may well be gone again at Christmas. Forte's pace could be ***** this season.

Here’s the post match interviews.

Kevin Nolan at 17:10

Jonathan Forte at 26:40

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05bf5ld#play

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Here’s the post match interviews.

Kevin Nolan at 17:10

Jonathan Forte at 26:40

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05bf5ld#play

You should always play the best eleven, and this season John Stead has not been one of them.. He should have been released at the end of last season. JF should be in the starting line up every game. Its only when he comes on that we look like scoring..If Stead had remained on the pitch yesterday we would have lost the game....

Though I agree that we need someone with pace and movement up front (Forte fits the bill), it should not come at all costs. As mentioned we do not know what is happening behind the scenes. We don't know if Forte has done something he shouldn't, and Nolan is reprimanding him or if Forte is not putting in the effort in training. There could be one of a million reasons that that has caused the relationship between player and manager to breakdown, we simply don't know. There have been countless occasions in football when a player easily good enough for first team football has been frozen out, just look at Chelsea at the moment.

I think Forte should start but I also see now why he doesn't. I started to think KN was inept..it's now clear that he won't be undermined as KTD says..and I have respect that.

Forte's proving difficult to manage..he's not exactly irreplaceable..he's just got a attribute that gives us a different dynamic but that attribute is at a premium..Rock and a hard place for Nolan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast