It seems inappropriate and confusing to have what is effectively the future of this forum discussed further on the 'O/T Barcelona attacks' thread and the matter seems to warrant it's own thread so here goes.

There has been an enormous amount of dissatisfaction with how this board is being run lately which resulted yesterday in three long established and respected posters - Roger, Rob the Ram and mista - all quitting.
As part of a response to this and the events of Thurs/Fri there was a request for more pro-active moderation of the site and Andy Faber's name was suggested. Andy has said he would be willing to do it but not as part of any attempt to remove you which appeared, to me at least, to be eminently fair and responsible.

Your response to this was then as follows;

'Three completely neutral sets of eyes have looked at it and have all come to the same conclusion and they are not what you want. None of these have been aware of the campaign against a specific poster. But all have mentioned pack mentality and bullying. Which is exactly what has been suffocating the board. As far as I am concerned the matter is closed.'

From this and with respect a number of questions have to be asked.

1) Who are the 'three completely neutral sets of eyes'? Presumably yours and Bloomer's are two of them but one would hesitate to describe your view as 'completely neutral'...quite the reverse in fact...and no other 'mod' has been present on the site for ages which is kind of the point as regards the need for a new addition.

2) Not at all sure what 'none of these have been aware of the campaign against a specific poster' implies but where is this 'pack mentality and bullying' which is 'suffocating the board'? Okay, maybe things went too far with regard to the 'specific poster', from three posters in particular, but that has been addressed and things had moved on until the very regrettable and disrespectful Barcelona comments at the end of the week. Only one person was responsible for that...the same person who has since attacked Roger on the basis of his age, abused me for suggesting he needed to apologise, told mista to '**** off' and accused KCG of talking 'out of your own arse'. Yet all that, along with the original comments, goes completely unpunished.

3) With respect, who are you to describe the matter as 'closed'? You are a moderator, who I accept has a difficult 'job' to do, but nothing more. The response to the 'specific poster' has been a mixture of fair and unfair, I accept that, but something is seriously wrong when so many posters are repeatedly upset/enraged by one particular poster's actions. Roger offers an admittedly curious mixture of mischief and 'nail on the head' comments and has been on the forum for longer than most, mista sees more of Derby than most and appears more knowledgeable about football than many, while Rob the Ram is a fountain of common sense and as unlikely to bully as anyone on the whole forum and yet they all walked away in disgust yesterday. How can the matter be 'closed' in such circumstances and how can you not recognise the need for change as far as improved moderation is concerned in the light of recent events?

Hopefully the three who have 'left' can still be tempted back after a rethink from 'above'. If no such change of heart is forthcoming I fear many more will follow their example.