+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So what about these Chinese billionaire takeovers?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    That's what baffles/angers me B58.

At last he's stumbled across a good 'un , a Blade but with real managerial ability, passion tempered by common sense and belief in his own abilities.

For all CW's talk about keeping things real he will know he could take this squad, with a couple of quality additions, all the way and might well get frustrated if the means to do that is not forthcoming and, let's be realistic, with his burgeoning track record, he'll not be short of offers

Surely he's the one to back meaningfully?

Seems to me the one not bothering to think things through sits at the owner's desk
    Who's to say he isn't backing him tho,with talk of 2m bids in for players that's way beyond what we're used to,with CW saying in numerous interviews how he won't break the wage structure and not break the club,is it down to chris and not the boards backing,chris won't pay more than he thinks a player is worth,this to me is probably more of a stumbling block than anything upstairs and TBH I'm with him all the way,I don't want us to go down the Hammond route anymore,it's the road to ruin
    As for the O/P I like having the local interest there for all his faults (of which there are many) selling us down the river isn't one of them imo

That's what baffles/angers me B58.

At last he's stumbled across a good 'un , a Blade but with real managerial ability, passion tempered by common sense and belief in his own abilities.

For all CW's talk about keeping things real he will know he could take this squad, with a couple of quality additions, all the way and might well get frustrated if the means to do that is not forthcoming and, let's be realistic, with his burgeoning track record, he'll not be short of offers

Surely he's the one to back meaningfully?

Seems to me the one not bothering to think things through sits at the owner's desk
    Can't answer my points so I'm sat at his desk. Okay.

Now you're making assumptions about what Wilder thinks whilst totally ignoring what he says in interviews. Presumably he speaks with forked tongue like McCabe or is that somehow different ? On one hand he's a strong independent character who says what he thinks and is the future, on the other, when it suits, he toes the club line, lying to the support, just another McCabe patsy.

Make your mind up which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Can't answer my points so I'm sat at his desk. Okay.

Now you're making assumptions about what Wilder thinks whilst totally ignoring what he says in interviews. Presumably he speaks with forked tongue like McCabe or is that somehow different ? On one hand he's a strong independent character who says what he thinks and is the future, on the other, when it suits, he toes the club line, lying to the support, just another McCabe patsy.

Make your mind up which it is.
    Your point being that someone has said that SUFC keeps Scarboro' afloat? Not me but he did spread the SUFC word around parts of the world where he later held business interests so, no, I do NOT believe your siupposition, but do you think the association was a coincidence?

CW is clever enough not to bite the hand that feeds him and would be foolish to do so but there have been plenty of instances of managers, and owners, saying one thing and doing, or meaning, another and we have one at the helm ( or is eg Beattie flu a recognised medical condition) as we all know.I am sure you will recognise this from eg owners votes of confidence and managers walking out of contracts at the drop of a (more tempting or lucrative) hat

With all your worldly experience I am surprised that you would not consider such possibilities HC but sitting at that desk must have affected your normal logic.

It must be that desk, time to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I thought he'd been on the communion wine Gray
    There's nothing wrong with a tipple before evensong...Name:  Jack.png
Views: 222
Size:  16.2 KB

Your point being that someone has said that SUFC keeps Scarboro' afloat? Not me but he did spread the SUFC word around parts of the world where he later held business interests so, no, I do NOT believe your siupposition, but do you think the association was a coincidence?

CW is clever enough not to bite the hand that feeds him and would be foolish to do so but there have been plenty of instances of managers, and owners, saying one thing and doing, or meaning, another and we have one at the helm ( or is eg Beattie flu a recognised medical condition) as we all know.I am sure you will recognise this from eg owners votes of confidence and managers walking out of contracts at the drop of a (more tempting or lucrative) hat

With all your worldly experience I am surprised that you would not consider such possibilities HC but sitting at that desk must have affected your normal logic.

It must be that desk, time to change it.

So Wilder is lying at times then? It's a yes or no answer, how about it?

You keep having to go back in the past ( this time Beattie Flu, really?) to re*****ise your weird obsession with McCabe because we had a great season last year but are now raising the bar even though the transfer window isn't yet closed.

Sarky comments about being worldly are quite funny when they come from someone trapped in a hamster wheel, running round and round and never being able to move on or out into the world as it is now.

52 weeks a year you repeat this. 52 weeks for Gods sale.

You keep having to go back in the past ( this time Beattie Flu, really?) to re*****ise your weird obsession with McCabe because we had a great season last year but are now raising the bar even though the transfer window isn't yet closed.

Sarky comments about being worldly are quite funny when they come from someone trapped in a hamster wheel, running round and round and never being able to move on or out into the world as it is now.

OH MY GOD,Hark at you 2. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Don't forget the stick !
    Is somebody giving Rodders stick?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Is somebody giving Rodders stick?
    Makes a change from the team

And some get more upset than others, that's all part of the fun but surprised at you getting so worked up about it. Told you its that desk.

CW lying? Well of course,as we all know, all employees tell the absolute truth to their employees all the time don't they?.Your normal worldy wise state seems to have moved to angry and naive.

Can't think why.

And some get more upset than others, that's all part of the fun but surprised at you getting so worked up about it. Told you its that desk.

CW lying? Well of course,as we all know, all employees tell the absolute truth to their employees all the time don't they?.Your normal worldy wise state seems to have moved to angry and naive.

Can't think why.
    No definitive answer, plays the angry card. Dear me.

You did realise we won Saturday before you dug out the repeatometer, from where it was buried last season?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast