+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So what about these Chinese billionaire takeovers?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Great for those fan who could still afford to watch them Cd but I wonder how those who couldn't feel?

I bet some would be fine about it if they weren't regulars in the first place and could still get to the odd game. Suddenly they've got a Championship winning team to support instead of also-rans that are always on the box and to be proud of. But some regulars on low income must have been priced out of attending regular football and that can't be right, turning a working man's game into one for the comparatively well off.
    I don't know how many people that actually affected, but given that most of their matches are on television and they've won the Premier League, the Champion's League, the League Cup and the F.A. Cup, and can attract players of an outstanding calibre, I wonder how many of those affected would turn all that down to be in the shoes of a team like Swansea or West Brom who tread water every season?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I don't know how many people that actually affected, but given that most of their matches are on television and they've won the Premier League, the Champion's League, the League Cup and the F.A. Cup, and can attract players of an outstanding calibre, I wonder how many of those affected would turn all that down to be in the shoes of a team like Swansea or West Brom who tread water every season?
    Yeah that's my point really, if somebody's happy to wear the shirt and support them on the box etc it's a no brainer. We've got a few ManU 'fans' out here in deepest Derbyshire who've never been near Old Trafford and they're always full of it. I was thinking more of fans who lived for going to games who can no longer afford to, Chelsea is probably not the best example, but I know people personally who've stopped attending because of the cost at Man City and even the Sty.

Im out in deepest derbyshire now Gray, not seen any closet manure fans, but a few blades shirts around hope /Castleton , the gospel of tufty is spreading......Edale might be tough to crack ,need to introduce them to a football first😉

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Yeah that's my point really, if somebody's happy to wear the shirt and support them on the box etc it's a no brainer. We've got a few ManU 'fans' out here in deepest Derbyshire who've never been near Old Trafford and they're always full of it. I was thinking more of fans who lived for going to games who can no longer afford to, Chelsea is probably not the best example, but I know people personally who've stopped attending because of the cost at Man City and even the Sty.
    Sadly that's just the way of the world though, eh? FFP, which prevents rich owners just pouring money in, hits the fans in the pocket as the turnover has to be there. I don't pretend to know what the answer is, but if you ever want the Blades to win anything - and to carry on winning rather than just having a fluke season - investment will have to be made. In fact, with the cash sloshing about now, investment will have to be made just to tread water

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    No definitive answer, plays the angry card. Dear me.

You did realise we won Saturday before you dug out the repeatometer, from where it was buried last season?
    Plays the 'no response ' card ..shows increasing naivety.No anger from me, just laughing at you getting so wound up .

If you look at my original responnse on this thread it was a lighthearted reference to a phrase used by McC, with a Chinese slant.

Others then proceeded to look at McC mor closely so I responded.

As for 'no direct answer' I'll ask you a question , AGAIN.

Do you think all employees tell the truth to their boss all the time?

If you do you are very naive. If you don't then that will be CW's current position.You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

As for last season there was criticism of McC from me ,see Rod's 'searching him out and chasing him posts' and my responses about stumbling across a good 'un at the 10th attemppt so the 'repeatometer' gag falls on stony ground.

HC serious/sincere point.I know we will never agree about McC but you've become very aggressive in your defence of him on this thread which I responded to, initially, lightheartedly. Just doesn't seem like you
    Last edited by tomytony; 22-08-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Plays the 'no response ' card ..shows increasing naivety.No anger from me, just laughing at you getting so wound up .

If you look at my original responnse on this thread it was a lighthearted reference to a phrase used by McC, with a Chinese slant.

Others then proceeded to look at McC mor closely so I responded.

As for 'no direct answer' I'll ask you a question , AGAIN.

Do you think all employees tell the truth to their boss all the time?

If you do you are very naive. If you don't then that will be CW's current position.You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

As for last season there was criticism of McC from me ,see Rod's 'searching him out and chasing him posts' and my responses about stumbling across a good 'un at the 10th attemppt so the 'repeatometer' gag falls on stony ground.

HC serious/sincere point.I know we will never agree about McC but you've become very aggressive in your defence of him on this thread which I responded to, initially, lightheartedly. Just doesn't seem like you
    Well dunt be accusin me of hackin Marvin's account TT,I'm in a gr8 mood,I've been listenin to SIR ROD belt out "People get ready" as i'm havin a shave before settin off to the finest place on this luvly planet for tonight's tie wi Leicester. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 22-08-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Well dunt be accusin me of hackin Marvin's account TT,I'm in a gr8 mood,I've been listenin to SIR ROD belt out "People get ready" as i'm havin a shave before settin off to the finest place on this luvly planet for tonight's tie wi Leicester. UTCB
    Enjoy Rod.

Believe it or not I love the Blades being successful, I am proud to be a Blade, I don't know anyone who doesn't get to know fairly soon after meeting me that I am a Blade. I always fly the flag for them and defend them against any criticism.My car number plate is 3UFC

It's only on here, amongst 'family; that I have a go at the owner's football incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Enjoy Rod.

Believe it or not I love the Blades being successful, I am proud to be a Blade, I don't know anyone who doesn't get to know fairly soon after meeting me that I am a Blade. I always fly the flag for them and defend them against any criticism.My car number plate is 3UFC

It's only on here, amongst 'family; that I have a go at the owner's football incompetence.
    Yet oddly enough you were the one who said you were angry on page 2.

I never said you weren't a Blade btw. I said you had a weird obsession with McCabe. Mistakes are his fault, Wilder is "luck", being an example of the lack of any objectivity. Anyway must go, need to threaten the kids and kick the cat before I go to the match.

Grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Yet oddly enough you were the one who said you were angry on page 2.

I never said you weren't a Blade btw. I said you had a weird obsession with McCabe. Mistakes are his fault, Wilder is "luck", being an example of the lack of any objectivity. Anyway must go, need to threaten the kids and kick the cat before I go to the match.

Grrrr.
    Bet the cat's still cowering after last night.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678