+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The grass is not always greener.

The grass is not always greener.

Looking at the players who have left us in recent years :

McCormack, hasn't had a regular place or improved form since going.
    Cook , not included in the match day squad at struggling Bournemouth.
    Byram, unused sub for struggling West Ham.
    Taylor, unused sub for basement battlers Burnley.

I understand the reasons for Wood leaving but hate the modern way footballers ( advised by agents no doubt ) refuse to play for the club who are paying their wages. He will find goals harder to come by when facing Premier League defenders. It will be interesting to watch.

Pffh, there's a stack of players over the years who haven't gone on to much after us IF they're gone to another English club, it's like we're the kiss of death! Kewell, Smith, Beckford, Becchio, the list is pretty big. Off the top of my head, it's only Cantona and possibly Viduka who've played at least as good as they have when we've been around.

Dunno about other top quality players like Dacourt who went abroad though. Gradel didn't do too well.

The grass is not always greener, but the wallet is always thicker.

Correct Billyni 😂

Agree with all above, not sure if even mowatt is playing at Barnsley, but I suppose the fat wage packet suppliments sitting on the bench watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    The grass is not always greener, but the wallet is always thicker.
    Very true billy.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Agree with all above, not sure if even mowatt is playing at Barnsley, but I suppose the fat wage packet suppliments sitting on the bench watching.
    Mowatt was sold, he never wanted to leave and I doubt he is on more than he was at Leeds and if he is, I doubt it is a lot more.

Sorry, yeah ur right, back track on mowatt, not the rest though!

Self before side every time. Not sure what Wood thinks he's going to be doing at Burnley, he's just replacing Gray on the bench unless Vokes gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Self before side every time. Not sure what Wood thinks he's going to be doing at Burnley, he's just replacing Gray on the bench unless Vokes gets injured.
    Auckland to Harry Potts Way - do you think he has visited Burnley yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)