+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creativity and goals

Creativity and goals

Two main things this team is lacking. Now i know our main creative outlet isn't playing but he shouldn't be the only creative outlet and he proved last week that he can't be fully trusted. Gayle has never been prolific at this level and looks like the only goalscorer in the team (albeit we haven't seen anything of Joselu other than his less-than-stellar goalscoring record) and Rafa clearly doesn't rate Mitro.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to today's defeat, either-it's been an ongoing theme since the end of last season and we've got two weeks to address the problem. Not confident we will, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Two main things this team is lacking. Now i know our main creative outlet isn't playing but he shouldn't be the only creative outlet and he proved last week that he can't be fully trusted. Gayle has never been prolific at this level and looks like the only goalscorer in the team (albeit we haven't seen anything of Joselu other than his less-than-stellar goalscoring record) and Rafa clearly doesn't rate Mitro.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to today's defeat, either-it's been an ongoing theme since the end of last season and we've got two weeks to address the problem. Not confident we will, mind.
    Like I keep saying we need a no10 who can score and assist more than anything, I was happy to give Gayle a chance to prove himself upfront for the first 6 games but he was worse than Perez, drop him and play Joselu or mitrovic

We wont spend which is sad really Ashley will gamble that we will stay up (like he has done in the past) and it will come back to bite us in the arse once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    Like I keep saying we need a no10 who can score and assist more than anything, I was happy to give Gayle a chance to prove himself upfront for the first 6 games but he was worse than Perez, drop him and play Joselu or mitrovic
    You can't say Gayle was worse than Perez he got no service at all... Perez on the other hand Ruined every forward move we made.

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    We wont spend which is sad really Ashley will gamble that we will stay up (like he has done in the past) and it will come back to bite us in the arse once again.
    Well it will be his biggest ever mistake bc, he won't get so lucky us getting promoted straight away again

Creativity ? very little.

Goals ? none.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

TBH Mr Z, I have read your posts and consistently you have commented on the need to add more quality, creativity & goals to the squad.

Shelvey can not be trusted nor relied on week in week out.

Gayle is absolutely not up to scoring goals at this level.

Looking forward to West Ham, Javier hernandez is the player that we should have bought, a natural poacher, a goal-getter.

Joselu was a brighter option, Mitro is better than Gayle, young Jacob was a ray of hope but it's papering over the cracks.

I don't see anything but a bottom 3 dog fight all season.

Will Rafa remain... I don't see it.

I agree that we need some creativity and definitely some real goal scoring potential from what we have.
    I believe we have it but guess what?
    Rafa is just far too negative.

If we keep going into games with a siege mentality to start,a s if we have to somehow size up the opposition, then we are in trouble.
    Gayle and Joselu could be a very good force if we go on the front foot with the wingers we have and the pace we possess.

We might have been beat by Huddersfield and it may look a bit gloomy at the minute, but I think we have a lot of potential to improve in this squad, I really do.

We just have to stop being so negative and allowing teams to gain early momentum, because it usually ends up with us chasing the game.
    If Rafa pays attention to detail with everything including salty effing pae-effing-ella, then he better start paying attention the employing a team that entertains the fans and goes for the jugular when the opportunities arise.

Huddersfield are a big dumb unit and will be found out very quickly and relegated. We have a much better chance regardless of a dodgy start.
    West Ham had a dodgy start and they've spent a fortune, regardless of Hernandez scoring a few.

Too early to worry but we need to change things to show an attacking willing at all times and also a bit of consistency.

Just like the spurs Perez and Gayle did nothing and are to lightweight, we need a big strong striker to lead the line in the premier league and a quality number 10 behind them. Mitrovic not to get off the subs bench yet again was a disgrace as well. Just like last season we are always set up way to defensively its not the championship anymore.

Gayle could score a hat-trick and I'm sure you'd say he shouldn't have been on and Mitro should have started Mids

I don't think we have a crap team personally. I really we get a win and we'll build a momentum.

However I agree with all points that we need someone who can score, I want it to be Gayle but i suspect it won't be sadly- although i still think he might and we need someone other than Shelvey who can create.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)