+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match day squad

Match day squad

After 4 games who would be automatically in your match day squad?

Only seen the 2 home games so relying on reports from the Bristol and Sheff Utd games and you guys on the 2 away games, few players still to come into the reckoning but for me at present;

Davies / Townsend
    McCarthy
    Hammill
    Bradshaw
    Hedges

I'd like to think we haven't parted with nearly a million quid to have Thiam playing in the U23's .

Any views on how Thiam played when he came on as a sub ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Any views on how Thiam played when he came on as a sub ?
    When he first ran on it looked like he didn't know where he was. A few balls came near him and he looked bewildered. ( are they a different shape in France ?).... then he touches the ball, and again shortly after, and it was like he had been shocked with a Casualty style tool !!! He ran around looking for the ball and chased down a few players with it.. I have to say he suddenly looked like a person who would fit in with the pressing game. He got a few passes in ok, but to be fair, no beggar had time yesterday to show any skill
    Looks like a stone could do with losing, but a few touches showed that he has some skill.... interestingly he sent a few passes Ugbo's way, both in front of him to run onto, (not at his feet, and at pace so that controlling it was hard. Yesterday we did that a lot). I'd like to see Ugbo play a full game and see what he's like without his back to goal and with a bit of time.....

Anyone know what type of goals he's scored last season at Chelsea. ? Tap ins? One on ones?, breakaways?

On ten minutes yesterday You'd have no chance calling how this ones gonna go!

Like I mentioned on another thread French football is slower and more technical and it will take a while for him to adapt to the full on physical demands of our championship .

It pretty much mirrors La Liga in style , chalk and cheese in relation to our game or better put the style Hecky likes his teams to play .

It may take him a few months to adapt , who knows but when you sign young lads from another country who only know one style of football then what can you realistically expect ?

Ad wait till at least 10/15 games to mek any judgement call

Current team on loss of form and giving them a chance that are waiting:

Davies,

Mccarthy, Jackson, Pinnock, Cavare

Hammill, Mallan, Mowatt, Hedges

Bradshaw, Thiam

Pearson, Williams, Moncur, Potts are the weak links and should have been dropped before the Sheff Utd game.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd like to think we haven't parted with nearly a million quid to have Thiam playing in the U23's .
    Surely Hecky will be expecting certain things from the kid, and as you say Animal after paying 900k for him I don't expect him to be faffing about in the U23s or on the starting bench too much.
    Will he fit in alongside Bradshaw as a 2 man strike partnership, Id be more interested in seeing that before trying him on his own up front.