+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positives from today

Positives from today

Ok, there's a lot of negative stuff flying around-and people are quite rightly worried but we're all supporters of this club and shouldn't let the negatives totally obscure any positives there are. Slim pickings, I know but...

Merino got another game under his belt to get his fitness and knowledge of this league further up to speed.
    Joselu did pretty well when he came on by all accounts.
    Mbemba getting game time can only be a good thing-I think a CB pairing of him and Lejeune could be pretty tasty.

Ok, I'm one step away from saying 'we didn't get hammered' so I'll leave it for you good folk to come up with some more.

we are not in the relegation zone..... amazingly

shadowing last year's start

Mbemba was quality and Joselu got into more of the game then Perez managed in 80 minutes

mbembu at left back

he is one of only 2 quality players we have

neither brought by rafa

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    mbembu at left back

neither brought by rafa
    Mbemba should be 1st choice CB and playing him at LB was crazy when you have Clark and Gamez available

mbembu at left back

neither brought by rafa
    Who is the other??? Any ways the positive is the if this was under pardew we would of been beat 4-0 5-0 the football might not be great ATM but I'd much rather lose respectably not like under pardew I'm sure we suffered more 4-0 5-0 defeats in 4 years under pardew than we had in the previous 16-17 years

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    Who is the other??? Any ways the positive is the if this was under pardew we would of been beat 4-0 5-0 the football might not be great ATM but I'd much rather lose respectably not like under pardew I'm sure we suffered more 4-0 5-0 defeats in 4 years under pardew than we had in the previous 16-17 years
    where the hell can you predict under Pardew what the score would be

what a joke you are
    keep making predictions like that on an adults footy sight you might as well go back to reading match .

the other quality player we have

the goalie

the one rafa wants to replace

that makes sense

I have a limited budget

I'm well of in the goalie department

I have a goalie 4 prem clubs are chasing as well as two abroad

so I will buy another and push him out on loan just to make him feel wanted

great management that like

where the hell can you predict under Pardew what the score would be

what a joke you are
    keep making predictions like that on an adults footy sight you might as well go back to reading match .

the other quality player we have

the goalie

the one rafa wants to replace

that makes sense

I have a limited budget

I'm well of in the goalie department

I have a goalie 4 prem clubs are chasing as well as two abroad

so I will buy another and push him out on loan just to make him feel wanted

great management that like
    So are you saying that you are privy to the discussions Rafa has had with ALL of the goalkeepers regarding the current position and the future plans for that position.

That doesn't come up on your computer games.

Also you have a good idea of what scores may have been under Pardew by looking at his horrific past records.

Positives:
    Manquillo can improve and be a good acquisition.
    Merino clearly has quality and will definitely improve with game time and confidence.
    Joselu actually looks like a striker with the chances that came his way and given the service and a partnership, I think he could flourish.
    Him and Gayle could form a potent strike-force.

Mbemba is showing his quality and will be hard to shift if he keeps up his performances and possibly forming a cracking pairing with Lejeune whilst mixing it up with Clarke and Lascelles over the season to give us a decent strength in central defence.

There's a lot of positives to take from what we have and seeing as this is the positive thread, I'll leave it at that.

Ive always believed Mbemba should be first choice cb,class. Joselu should start next match and Perez benched, he offers very little to nothing to the team. Its early days and I don't think we are far away from having a decent team/squad, another striker and left back would be good though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)