+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why pboro needs to go

I see school is out early again......

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i hvent said ash would stump up 75 mill

but with what we have spent and selling the likes of krul ,de jong ,mistertrick ,colback perez,and with what we have left to spend i cant see why we wouldnt have 70 mill plus to spend

the truth is rafa doesnt know what he does and doesnt want
    he spent 12 mill on murphy and doesnt play him
    so we need to find 63 mill from somewhere
    what have we spent so far 30 mill ??what do we have left who knows
    how much would we get for those players mentioned plus there are the likes of saivet lazares what ever his name is
    why kee[p jesus he doesnt play him

so with what we have left and what we could generate 45 mill oesnt seem a lot or unreasoable
    the truth is rafa doesnt hacve the contacts
    or the pulling power

and dint they get 10 players plus for their money

if we got 3 it would be better than the dross he has signed and doesnt play
    So who is going to take the likes of likes of krul ,de jong ,mistertrick ,colback perez and equal the wages and contracts they were on and how much do you think they would all go for. They aren't going to go for a drop in wages otherwise they would be away already for first team football.

Not much more than peanuts.So how are you going to fund £75 million?

None of our players available will move anywhere else fir a drop in wages.

People calling them mercenaries want to give their heads a shake. Football is short term employment and you can not blame players not wanting a move away to another club on half of their current wages

Ashley thought he was being clever giving them good wages on 5 year contracts. He does this just in case they turn out to be really decent so he has a good bargain chip for upping the transfer fee

Unfortunately this has backfired big time on him and the clown puppet Charnley.

I think the term 'mercenaries' fits them perfectly to be honest, Terry. I'm not even saying that I wouldn't do the same myself but if anything, saying they wouldn't go to ply their trade-and that's what it is, a trade-somewhere else for a drop in wages makes them mercenaries. And in truth i don't think you can liken it to any of us in our normal jobs, specifically because of the obscene wages they command.

For example, Riviere is on a reported £40 000 a week. You say it's a short career, well let's look at that as a comparison. The average wage isn't 40 grand but we'll use that as well as a benchmark of 40 years for the length of someone's working life. If he 'works' for 40 weeks then he's earned as much as the 'average' worker will in a lifetime of work. Add to that the various bonuses involved in being a footballer-from win/goal bonuses (yeah, I know he won't be getting much of either at the minute-be quiet at the back!) and the fact that he has access to the best medical, nutritional and physical facilities -all of which would cost several thousands per year for the rest of us-and you'll excuse me for not siding with someone who's so lost sight of reality that they'd rather suck the money out of a club by sitting on their arses than go and earn a wee bit less but get to do their job.

Footballers and other sports stars are grossly overpaid as far as I'm concerned, but to be fair it's not their fault that a combination of billionaires and Sky have made it all about money.

Can any of us honestly say that if we were a professional footballer, we'd move to another club and drop from, say, £80K to £40K a week just for the possibility of first team football? For me the only exception might be if I was warming any other PL team's bench and Newcastle offered me first team football for a small drop in wages... I'd go for that, but otherwise what motivation is there? Think about the job you do currently. If another company offered you a similar role with a bit more responsibility each week and less wages, what would you do? You'd turn them down, of course.

If a player leaves for another club they're often accused of disloyalty, and if they don't leave and aren't getting a game despite training professionally like everyone else they're accused of staying for the wages. Most footballers are just young guys with not much about them beyond their work ethic and ability to kick a ball, so you can't blame them for wanting to maximise their earnings during their peak years, even at the expense of not getting a runout for 90 mins each week. We the fans are passionate and want players to be loyal, but to them it's their job. Anyone who thinks football is all about passion and loyalty needs to take off their rose tinted specs and have an objective look at the game - it's not been that way in my lifetime.

As for pboro, on the downside I find his posts incredibly hard to read due to the abysmal typing, grammar and spelling, often with completely different words than intended (autocorrect?). I for one would appreciate it if you took 30 seconds extra to type a bit more coherently. I tend to fundamentally disagree with most of what he says and his default position is mostly one step away from outright trolling. However, this is a discussion board and his posts certainly do provoke some lively debate. Then again, the petty personal conflicts that frequently ensue do get tiresome and I find I need to take a few weeks off from visiting this site occasionally because of that...

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    So who is going to take the likes of likes of krul ,de jong ,mistertrick ,colback perez and equal the wages and contracts they were on and how much do you think they would all go for. They aren't going to go for a drop in wages otherwise they would be away already for first team football.

Not much more than peanuts.So how are you going to fund £75 million?
    its a pity you cant read through those hate filled eyes

we have spent 30 mill so that leaves 45 mill

are you keeping up

we have some left as rafa says we are still chasing players

still with me

i say we dont know how much that is
    it might be 15-20 mill

so thats possibly 45 -50 mill

we now sell the mentioned payers plus a few more i have since thought of and im sure eben selling bellow market value we could make another 25 mill lus

75 million pounds

now if we had done that before we started buying rafas dross that he doesnt even start and keeps picking players he says have no future
    then im sure we would be better than we are at the moment

meanwhile we have a whinging spaniard who is a dinosaur when it comes to tactice managing the majority of players he has brought who are going backwards in terms of development

would i want to give rafa 75 mill

not if his players are anything to go by

he cant manage the big players now adays

he was out thought out played and out witted by the huddersfield manager
    who has moved his team on whilst keeping his own peace

whilst rafa whinges to anyone who holds a mike in his face

All pie in the sky I'm afraid as we will all see when the window closes.

Still with me. Or are you still in dreamworld.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    All pie in the sky I'm afraid as we will all see when the window closes.

Still with me. Or are you still in dreamworld.
    it is now as he has wasted 30 million

half the budget

why the hell he got rid of carr before he had any scouting network in place is beside me

I wouldn't have kept carr long term .

but I certainly wouldn't have got rid of him in the first window of a premiere league season

and be looking under any stone or in any crack for a Spanish nevre been one of his mates told him about

we are paying carr anyway
    so have him in the camp using his experience and contacts shifting players out informing rafa of possible players out of or with contract buy outs etc
    then when you have your own network get rid

You can't say he's wasted £30 million just because you don't like the fella.

Murphy-exciting prospect, we paid the going rate. Just because he hasn't started him doesn't mean he's a waste of money

Lejeune-very good in pre season and looked excellent until Kane's assault

Atsu-he needs to build a squad and, whilst I wouldn't have bothered personally, as a newly promoted side we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Joselu-had more impact than Perez (albeit a marshmallow dropped onto a brick would have made more impact, tbf) and, whilst no one's excited about him, again-we're a newly promoted club, etc

Manquillo? I'll give you that one

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You can't say he's wasted £30 million just because you don't like the fella.

Murphy-exciting prospect, we paid the going rate. Just because he hasn't started him doesn't mean he's a waste of money

Lejeune-very good in pre season and looked excellent until Kane's assault

Atsu-he needs to build a squad and, whilst I wouldn't have bothered personally, as a newly promoted side we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Joselu-had more impact than Perez (albeit a marshmallow dropped onto a brick would have made more impact, tbf) and, whilst no one's excited about him, again-we're a newly promoted club, etc

Manquillo? I'll give you that one
    plastics rant is I said for 75 mill we could get 4-5 players in of the ilk the german team did

usuall argument no one will come here ash is a tight **** etc etc althought we have several players on 40-75 k a week

so when you look at what they got for their money and what we have got it is wasted

and again why buy murphy
    is he a priority ?
    when we all know we need goal scorers and creativity in the middle

why not have kept the French fella

so yes we may have brought potential
    but the german team brought ready made quality

150 mill and 10 players

for 75 mill which is what I think we will end up spending if we get 3-4 out isn't unreasonable
    and yes whilst transfer fees are high
    there are obviously dcecnt players to be had

more so over the next few days when players will realise they aint first choice and a season in the under 23 team isn't all that appealing

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)