+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George nunn

George nunn

If the rumour is valid Spurs have asked crewe to name their price to acquire this academy ****age prospect. I had never heard of him but must be some prospect if Spurs are keen at this early stage. Apparently scored a hat trick for the under 18s againstSpurs. Anybody know anything about him ?

Not a name I have heard before. There are many stories of young players snapped up by Premiership clubs who then disappear without trace. That said, Tottenham are certainly one of the best in the Premiership for bringing on young talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Not a name I have heard before. There are many stories of young players snapped up by Premiership clubs who then disappear without trace. That said, Tottenham are certainly one of the best in the Premiership for bringing on young talent.
    I'm a bit rusty on the academy rules now but if I recall, the big difference now is anyone can sign any player under the age of 17 before they sign Pro forms without permission of the club and if they have had no professional league experience or games to assess the compensation it could be a very small fee indeed. I seem to remember this was one of the problems but maybe someone could verify?

Right to some degree Mike and made me wonder too but see below re compensation for younger players so it would look as if we are protected if the club has done the last paragraph.
    I doubt it is true any way and why I made my comment earlier in the thread

EPPP RULES
    For each year in an academy between ages 9-11: £3,000
    For each year in a Category 3 academy between ages 12-16: £12,500
    For each year in a Category 2 academy between ages 12-16: £25,000
    For each year in a Category 1 academy between ages 12-16: £40,000
    So I would make it for 15 y/old £84k plus add ons
    However
    The first of these is to offer promising young players a pre-scholarship agreement at 14. Any youngster signed to a pre-scholarship agreement at 14 is outside the new EPPP compensation system. So the “bargain basement” for promising players doesn’t happen if Football League clubs commit to players at that age. And because compensation under EPPP rules can be based upon mutual agreement there is scope for Football League clubs to create a bidding war for a much sought after player.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Right to some degree Mike and made me wonder too but see below re compensation for younger players so it would look as if we are protected if the club has done the last paragraph.
    I doubt it is true any way and why I made my comment earlier in the thread

EPPP RULES
    For each year in an academy between ages 9-11: £3,000
    For each year in a Category 3 academy between ages 12-16: £12,500
    For each year in a Category 2 academy between ages 12-16: £25,000
    For each year in a Category 1 academy between ages 12-16: £40,000
    So I would make it for 15 y/old £84k plus add ons
    However
    The first of these is to offer promising young players a pre-scholarship agreement at 14. Any youngster signed to a pre-scholarship agreement at 14 is outside the new EPPP compensation system. So the “bargain basement” for promising players doesn’t happen if Football League clubs commit to players at that age. And because compensation under EPPP rules can be based upon mutual agreement there is scope for Football League clubs to create a bidding war for a much sought after player.
    Thanks for that research and your additional comments mate..Apreciated. We'll see what develops then if anything.He does sound pretty good to score a hat trick against a PL academy though.