+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne's message to Ajayi

Warne's message to Ajayi

Think sometimes defenders just need to do the ugly thing, and boot the ball out of play - better than a gift. Only do the fancy stuff if you have effective cover and no major threat if things go 'pear shaped'...

players like Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore made the fancy stuff look easy, but they always had the default of closing down/clearing first

Long ball did us again when they hit the bar.. ( and scored ? ).......went over the top when it should be sorted easily.

One attacking player and two defenders - over ones head the other too far away to cover and sweep it up ! So both out of position - for a long ball !

Rule one: Never let the ball bounce ( In the box )...but anywhere near goal.

Early days for young lads - he'll be hurting so he will do better !

We have the much needed pace at the back lbj - yes, he is young and with decent coaching will improve his overall game - takes time to become an accomplished defender

And many mistakes...lol

Mostly NOT as costly as a goal....strange when experience means LAUNCH IT !

yep, but sometimes it's the best option in defence

Get Brian Wilsterman in as defensive coach!!

Quote Originally Posted by barrington View Post
    Get Brian Wilsterman in as defensive coach!!
    The fireman!!!

I'm sure Wood in training will be a great help in the theory of defending - he has been around the block....but legs are not what they were.....just don't mention parking the bus....he never took to that one...lol

Chelsea did a job on Spurs though with 32% Possession....needs must....

So Warne thinks it's ok to have a go at Ajayi who's still learning but just passes over yet another mistake by the experienced O'Donnell. I could have saved Peterborough's first goal!!
    I agree we need an experienced central defender but we need a quality goalkeeper equally as badly. I haven't heard Warne say anything about that though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast