+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Takeover

The Takeover

12 months too late .

This time last year whilst we were still riding the crest of a wave was the time .

Hypothetical I know but on the field and the feel good factor surrounding the club we may have kept many of the departed players .

That is of course assuming that the chinese are wanting the club to be successful on the pitch and not in the bank account .

Saying that , if the new owners had sold every last man jack and broke up a young exciting team within a few months and spent very little in return then the support would have wanted them out pronto .

Funny old game innit .

Hopefully get it over the finish line before the window shuts. I've a feeling new owners will tweak the model slightly and get Hecky those experienced players he's after.

I'm all for it. More so with the thought what else is on offer? It's needs must as far as I'm concerned.

More I read about Nice, the more I feel we will be their feeder club- a la Watford. Dint du them any 'arm 🙂

A pre season friendly in the French Riviera , oh aye , tarn lads on tour soaking up all that culture at £10 a pint .

" har fecking much " " werez fecking aldi "

Big alma lettin wun rip in a top Nice restaurant , " gerart n walk ya fecker "

:-) :-)
    Last edited by animallittle3; 21-08-2017 at 10:37 AM.

This takeover thing will end in tears, mark my words.

Careful what tha wishes fo.

Dun't cum ruerrin to me in a couple of years saying with hindsight wi shunta done it.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A pre season friendly in the French Riviera , oh aye , tarn lads on tour soaking up all that culture at £10 a pint .

" har fecking much " " werez fecking aldi "

Big alma lettin wun rip in a top Nice restaurant , " gerart n walk ya fecker "

:-) :-)
    Anymooar pearls fo post fart quips ?

My favourite is "Gerrart ya bugger, tha dunt pay rent !"

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    This takeover thing will end in tears, mark my words.

Careful what tha wishes fo.

Dun't cum ruerrin to me in a couple of years saying with hindsight wi shunta done it.
    There's nobody else SB , nobody local for sure .

What do you expect PC to do given his circumstances ?

Ni hai da leferlees a ....

Thul turnitt inta a rice field thee watch , wissbi grarnd sharin wi Briggas , no moor Oakwell !!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    12 months too late .

This time last year whilst we were still riding the crest of a wave was the time .

Hypothetical I know but on the field and the feel good factor surrounding the club we may have kept many of the departed players .

That is of course assuming that the chinese are wanting the club to be successful on the pitch and not in the bank account .

Saying that , if the new owners had sold every last man jack and broke up a young exciting team within a few months and spent very little in return then the support would have wanted them out pronto .

Funny old game innit .

With takeover comes change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. This year or last year is totally irrelevant in my eyes. If the club is to be successful then there'll be big changes and with respect to the promotion team, there would've been big changes there as well. Let's face it we weren't good enough to actually get in that top 6 even without the departures.

Let's forget all that anyway. Now it's about the future. Whatever the consortium decide to do will draw in the usual debate. I've got mixed emotions about it. It'd be nice to hear what their plans and ideas are once they takeover.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast