+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Behaviour whilst in enemy territory

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    You can add Cardiff and Leeds to the list. Maybe Sheff Utd. But I must admit we had a hooligan problem in years past at Forest and some still don't cover themselves in glory
    Everyone's got some nutters, but in my experience Millwall and West Ham are the worst.
    Don't like the Sheff. Utd reference...years since I've been there. Any parking suggestions for Saturday?

I'm afraid parking tips are out of my jurisdiction. Unless you want parking tips on South East Asia where I've more or less settled down. No problems for me about bumping into any away fan from any country. We end up having drinks and lengthy footy discussions. I've even met a few Rams here. Let's say we forgive each other for choice of clubs although they're quite piqued that I'm behind theirs and your promotion push this season

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Everyone's got some nutters, but in my experience Millwall and West Ham are the worst.
    Don't like the Sheff. Utd reference...years since I've been there. Any parking suggestions for Saturday?
    Did you go to the quarter final of the milk cup at West Ham in the 90s when they sat our fans right in the middle of theirs .... and expected no trouble!!!

My worst was taking two Arsenal (or should I say Bottomnal?) fans into the C-Stand and getting hauled out for our own safety after they jumped up and cheered when Merson scored.

So I can fairly say that my worst experience is from my own brethren - trust me you are a scary bunch....

I wouldn't (won't) jump up at Millwall or indeed anywhere else. Its a case of respecting where you are. I dont expect people to do it at Derby although plenty have. At BBG Everton always had at least one among the home fans and Utd have a prawn sandwich eater at every ground.

At Millwall we will enjoy the hospitality and the game and then get in to Shoreditch PDQ afterwards.

Koreans are wonderfully civil fans. I remember once watching a game in Seoul. They were playing Saudi Arabia. I had a wager on the Arabs. So there I sat amongst the home fans and the Saudis scored and forgetting where I was, shouted in ecstasy.
    Then someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned and realised what I had done. So to extricate myself I promptly changed tune and shouted Go Korea. They all laughed but I wasn't bothered further by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    Did you go to the quarter final of the milk cup at West Ham in the 90s when they sat our fans right in the middle of theirs .... and expected no trouble!!!
    Yes we were robbed by the linesman disallowing a late winner for an incorrect offside decision. There was also a savage foul that took out one of our players. Our seats were in the middle of their seats, miles away from our standing fans. We lost the second replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Yes we were robbed by the linesman disallowing a late winner for an incorrect offside decision. There was also a savage foul that took out one of our players. Our seats were in the middle of their seats, miles away from our standing fans. We lost the second replay.
    Exactly where we were and yes that was the game. I remember the carnage underneath the stand before and at half time. Yeah we were robbed but playing Kevin's Francis if I remember rightly always a strange decision 😀

Manx like you say just keep it buttoned and enjoy the day and let others them no problem. Been there a few times. Can you do it tho?

Older and wiser so will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Andy I've got exactly the same scenario on my hands. Me and my best mate, also a ram have been invited to Millwall in an exec box in January. Whilst I obviously know my host as well as his Millwall pals it's the others in the vicinity I would not wish to 'offend'.

Before the fixtures were announced we had originally planned to host him at Derby but that's dropped Dec 23 so not easy getting off Craggy Island for that one.

I hope we do 3 up early doors so the majority of home fans leave early!!
    I have got a couple of Millwall mates so I might have a similar scenario if I go down to meet them for the game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)