+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strachan hates Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by red weegie View Post
    I would have Graeme Shinnie and Kenny McLean any day of the week instead of Bannan (in particular), Matt Phillips or Matt Richie who was AWOL yesterday against Huddersfield.
    I can't see much of a case for saying McLean is better than Phillips and Ritchie. Those two are legitimately good Premier League players and it would be pretty baffling if they weren't picked - the only argument for it would be that they aren't really Scottish.

Shinnie on the other hand is consistently overlooked and if I were Strachan I'd have him in as a fullback even though he doesn't play there for us.

In all honesty, delighted neen of our lads are there.
    Gives us good collective recovery time after a hectic season opening.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    In all honesty, delighted neen of our lads are there.
    Gives us good collective recovery time after a hectic season opening.
    I agree.
    F*ck Scotland to be honest.

Besides, who really deserves a call up?
    Who's dropped for Shinnie for example?
    Bannan is sh1te but a completely different player.
    Shinnie is a midfielder, the "strongest" part of the Scotland team.
    Aside from him, no one else has a case.
    Christie if he performs well this season maybe, at a push.

But, who cares.

Give our players a few days off & "go again" until the next ****ey, pointless international break.

Seriously, ditch international football in to the sea.

Can't be bothered with it at all. I don't even watch world cups or the Euros anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Can't be bothered with it at all. I don't even watch world cups or the Euros anymore
    International footballs a hinderance

5 for me should not be allowed near a scotland squad.....

Whittaker, Forrester, Naismith, Fletcher S & Martin C

Has Mcginn & Berra being playing well enough? and no idea about Archer.

As for us, Shinnie if he played LB YES but as he doesn't then no. May will be in the squad after we are officially out and hes regularly playing/scoring (showing no signs off injury). Mclean if hes on top form, can we say he has been?

Until we are out then its a good thing we don't have the distraction, players who think they should be in can knuckle down and work even harder (all good for us).

Quote Originally Posted by Winston78Snelders View Post
    As for us, Shinnie if he played LB YES but as he doesn't then no. May will be in the squad after we are officially out and hes regularly playing/scoring (showing no signs off injury). Mclean if hes on top form, can we say he has been?
    Personally, I don't see why Shinnie has to play left-back for us to play in the same position for Scotland. The reason he plays in midfield for us is because we don't have any better midfielders than him, not because we think he isn't good enough to play at left-back. Whittaker has also played at left-back for Scotland for years despite being a right-back so I don't see why Shinnie should be held to a different standard.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    Personally, I don't see why Shinnie has to play left-back for us to play in the same position for Scotland. The reason he plays in midfield for us is because we don't have any better midfielders than him, not because we think he isn't good enough to play at left-back. Whittaker has also played at left-back for Scotland for years despite being a right-back so I don't see why Shinnie should be held to a different standard.
    Because he is not a CM, he does a job for us in the SPL in that position and that's as far as it go's.

Switching positions (side to side) is one thing, from LB to CM then back again just for internationals? Nah I don't think so. Didn't Forsyth keep him out of previous squads and he has not made it, for once there is a little bit more competition.

Said it before.... If Shinnie wants to play for Scotland he should play LB and show his qualities in his best position for himself and us (regardless of where we are short)

I can't be ****ed with Scotland either, lost interest a few years back and couldn't even get excited against the Nigels.

I think the chat about them being able to get a rest is a red herring though. They'd still be training with us.

We might not give a **** about Scotland but Shinnie and the rest probably will care. That then leaves the issue of players knocking us back if they know they won't get near the Scotland team.

Shinnies got no chance of playing at left back in front of Tierney or Robertson even if he is playing at left back for us. Centre Midfield might be a better option I can see the likes of Brown, Flecther and Morrison retiring after this campaign.

Its all very well saying who cares if none of our players get picked but some of them including Shinnie have ambitions to play for Scotland, if they continuously dont get picked they may want to move on so they have a better chance of being selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast