+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wimmer at £15m or Sakho at £30m

Wimmer at £15m or Sakho at £30m

Seems to be the choice facing Pulis right now according to various media sources.

He is probably awaiting the outcome of the Johny Evans situation. Which seems to me that he wants Sakho over Wimmer and is prepared to wait to see what happens with Evans before he makes his move.

In my mind Sakho is the better player, but this view is largely made because I've seen a lot more of Sakho than I have Wimmer.

Who would everyone want given that Sakho is twice the dough?

To my mind I'd probably take Wimmer; half the price and only 24. Even if we lose Evans we'd still have McCauley, Hegazi, Dawson plus Wimmer. We could then use the other £15 million in other areas. Mind Sakho is a decent player so I could be wrong in my thinking.

So that's why

[QUOTE=Leicesterbaggie;38629294]

I now see why it takes so long to get a transfer done. The suits do all the dealing , get the price set and then say " do you want him?"
    Then TP decides- you really could not make it up.
    Would you buy anything else like that- a car, a house, would you choose your wife like that?
    FFS surely TP says I want him don't pay more than £X
    Only with us could this be seen as a business model to produce results.

Wimmer....would be my choice...the other fellow would feel like a premadonna at our club....Stuff him....and go for the younger fella...

Don't know much about Wimmer . Sakho better play me thinks but as most have posted on here quality costs more i would have Sakho but only my opinion.

I think Sakho definitely the better player of the two but a lot more expensive, 3 years older and gives the impression that he thinks he is a big club player, bigger than us anyway.
    With the money saved (transfer fee and wages) surely we can find a left back!
    To get Sakho I think we will have to sell Evans, not needed with Wimmer. Sakho or Evans? Irrelevant I know but I would have Evans every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I think Sakho definitely the better player of the two but a lot more expensive, 3 years older and gives the impression that he thinks he is a big club player, bigger than us anyway.
    With the money saved (transfer fee and wages) surely we can find a left back!
    To get Sakho I think we will have to sell Evans, not needed with Wimmer. Sakho or Evans? Irrelevant I know but I would have Evans every time.
    I'd take Sakho he is qualtiy. Although talks on the news he is he would prefer Palace. Klopp is the complete opposite of TP he cannot recognize a defender.
    This is what I don't get. Before it broke about Evans Our Tone was prioritizing a centre half. So if Evans is on his bike surely now he must want two?
    Clearly Wimmer is second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Wimmer....would be my choice...the other fellow would feel like a premadonna at our club....Stuff him....and go for the younger fella...
    I'agree

Keep Evans and get Wimmer. Then get a bloody good midfield creator, left back and another goal scorer pleeeeeeese. PS Think Sakho might be a Billy Big Bo££ox, however he did perform excellent for Palarse so maybe I'm being unfair to the guy.

Imo sakho is the better player.

For these prices I wish tp could pluck another Scott Dann from the lower tiers.

I liked the look of Shane Duffy last summer but Brighton got him.

Be interested to see how he does in the prem.

Maybe aden flint, who blose have had 2 bids rejected for.

Re left back it's clear tp thinks his budget is better spent elsewhere and he'll go with brunt and nyom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)