+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wimmer at £15m or Sakho at £30m

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Imo sakho is the better player.

For these prices I wish tp could pluck another Scott Dann from the lower tiers.

I liked the look of Shane Duffy last summer but Brighton got him.

Be interested to see how he does in the prem.

Maybe aden flint, who blose have had 2 bids rejected for.

Re left back it's clear tp thinks his budget is better spent elsewhere and he'll go with brunt and nyom.
    If he keeps Evans and buys Wimmer then maybe his thinking is than he has 2 others who can play left back!

Maybe a back 4 of Dawson, Hegazi, Evans, Wimmer with Nyom main cover for the 2 full back positions and McAuley main cover for the 2 centre halves. I know Wimmer is a left sided centre back but that hasn't stopped players such as Evans, Dawson, Nyom being asked to play at full back, and that excludes the likes of Brunt and McClean.

We will end up with nether !

P@1@rse are supposedly in for him and ahead of us now

Reportedly Pulis is trying to get Wimmer and Jansen for £30m. Isn't Jansen the one who couldn't hit a barn door from two paces. People would be giving up their seats behind the goal for safety reasons if Janssen and Rondon were up front together!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Reportedly Pulis is trying to get Wimmer and Jansen for £30m. Isn't Jansen the one who couldn't hit a barn door from two paces. People would be giving up their seats behind the goal for safety reasons if Janssen and Rondon were up front together!
    If true as rumoured this morning on some sights Tipperary , it looks like panic buying i think pulis is desperate now with time quickly running down he needs bodys , i cant for the life of me see how we get in this situation season after season it p isses me off to the back teeth , the Chinese owners dont want to know about the real side of football just buy a team because it a fashion & they want to bring the game on in their country , surely if you invest the money thay did to buy our club you would back it up with everything else it needs to be successful ,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    If true as rumoured this morning on some sights Tipperary , it looks like panic buying i think pulis is desperate now with time quickly running down he needs bodys , i cant for the life of me see how we get in this situation season after season it p isses me off to the back teeth , the Chinese owners dont want to know about the real side of football just buy a team because it a fashion & they want to bring the game on in their country , surely if you invest the money thay did to buy our club you would back it up with everything else it needs to be successful ,
    But Our Tone said we had to wait til the big boys had finished eating before we fed off the scraps.
    So we waited
    We don't sign players and its classed as we have a lack of ambition. We do try to sign players and it's classed as panic buying.
    If Evans stays then why we need to sign another centrehalf is beyond me. It's ludicrous if money is that tight then it should be prioritised elsewhere.
    5 centre backs 0 left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    You're all missing the point.

The only thing people like Lai are interested in is the sell on value.

Spend as little as possible to stay up,strip as much of the TV money as possible to earn back against their investment and then await the next bout of TV rights in the hope they double again and that they can sell the club on to the next "chancer".

We waited years to se the back of the Peace "model" to end up with his Chinese "Mini Me".....we've never had an exciting ride as Albion fans in terms of the boardroom,we've always been misers in the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You're all missing the point.

The only thing people like Lai are interested in is the sell on value.

Spend as little as possible to stay up,strip as much of the TV money as possible to earn back against their investment and then await the next bout of TV rights in the hope they double again and that they can sell the club on to the next "chancer".

We waited years to se the back of the Peace "model" to end up with his Chinese "Mini Me".....we've never had an exciting ride as Albion fans in terms of the boardroom,we've always been misers in the transfer market.
    We've won our first three games of the season. We're about to break our transfer record. We are expecting to make signings. Not sure what it is you want?

Even if we did go out and spend £100m on players, do you think we would finish much higher than we did last season, i.e. into the top 6 or 7? We are where we are, we can't compete against a lot of clubs for finances and we're punching above our weight.

Its time for a reality check. Let's strengthen the squad but with wise and shrewd buys rather than throwing silly cash that we might not have at it. Villa have got nearly 40 players on their books and have spent millions on crap. I'm happy with our transfer dealings in the last 5/10 years. A lot of sensible investments so the club have my trust.

If Lai did go for broke and spent money we didn't have, we would be another Portsmouth or Leeds waiting to happen. So be happy we are where we are right now and enjoy it, instead of being concerned by not spending millions.

Or Wimmer and Jansenn for the 30M as being toted in the sports rags?

Wimmer, Sakho as well if we lose Evans

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)