+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet again, the EFL stick two fingers up to loyal footy fans....

Good job we're not involved anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Great idea. Lets just forget over a century of history and tradition and just tender all fixtures to the highest bidder.
    Not sure I presented an idea... The EFL cup has been declining for the last couple of decades, talk of tradition is futile, no one (in power) gives a **** when money is concerned. Its the way of the world now. I don't agree with it Elite, but I accept that we, the fans, are bottom of any considerations, and there is naff all that can be done.

We’re talking here about the draw for the 3rd Round of the Carabao Cup. As far as I’m aware there’s been no suggestion that the final is to be played abroad.

I don’t find it essential to hear the draw live. If we were still involved, I’d be quite happy to check who we’d drawn when I woke up.

Its the same with Sky, changing games to a Friday/Saturday night, sod the travelling fans

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    We’re talking here about the draw for the 3rd Round of the Carabao Cup. As far as I’m aware there’s been no suggestion that the final is to be played abroad.

I don’t find it essential to hear the draw live. If we were still involved, I’d be quite happy to check who we’d drawn when I woke up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not sure I presented an idea... The EFL cup has been declining for the last couple of decades, talk of tradition is futile, no one (in power) gives a **** when money is concerned. Its the way of the world now. I don't agree with it Elite, but I accept that we, the fans, are bottom of any considerations, and there is naff all that can be done.
    With attitudes like those, no wonder the EFL treat fans the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Good job we're not involved anymore.
    it doesn't matter to notts because it's been years since we did anything in any cups​.

Doesn't bother me that much but it is just part of a larger series of events whereby running a sport has just become about making as much money as possible (selling tv rights, naming rights, letting betting companies take over etc) rather than looking after the best interests of the sport.

It is pointless me even trying to have a meaningful debate with you. Much of what I have written on this thread is the reality of sport and in particular football. What can we as fans do? Refuse to attend games? That has really worked well.
    If you are moaning about my attitide towards traditions of football, the game has evolved beyond recognition. In many cases for the worse. Do I see you moaning about those? No, have you accepted them? Seemingly so.
    What are your thoughts on Spurs having Wembley as there home ground for this season? Has that not broken tradition? Yet I don't recall a thread about it.
    Traditionally, a player has been able to make contact with another player without fear of being carded, yet now, a player can be sent off for 'excessive force' or how I would phrase it 'a good strong tackle'... have you started a thread about this?
    The beauty of football is there are often so many talking points... as technology is integrated in to football these will become less so. Is this against traditions?
    There are so many sports that have broken tradition. Cricket is the obvious one with the introduction of T20.. for the purists they hate it. However, you can not argue with the numbers.
    But hey, that us just my **** attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    As far as I’m aware there’s been no suggestion that the final is to be played abroad.
    There hasn't but I can see it coming, or something similar being played abroad - The Charity Shield or FA Cup semi-finals maybe.
    I think Wembley is currently under contact to stage these events so it would be a long way off but they're not going to be content staging all-Premier pre-season friendlies abroad, there's going to come a point where they'll want to showcase games that matter. Maybe they'll create a new competition in the hope that it usurps the League Cup, but I'd accept anything over an additional Premier League fixture or moving existing league fixtures abroad which would tip the balance of fairness. Do what you like with cups, who really cares about those today? The league however must retain its' integrity.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast