+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yet again, the EFL stick two fingers up to loyal footy fans....

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It is pointless me even trying to have a meaningful debate with you. Much of what I have written on this thread is the reality of sport and in particular football. What can we as fans do? Refuse to attend games?
    Possibly. There are several people (me included) boycotting the Pisspot Trophy in protest at the inclusion of 'B' teams. If we all just sit back and accept things the EFL will push their agenda much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If you are moaning about my attitide towards traditions of football, the game has evolved beyond recognition. In many cases for the worse. Do I see you moaning about those? No, have you accepted them? Seemingly so.
    I've moaned about some changes (see above), accepted some, even praised some. I just think that making the draw for an English cup competition in China at 04:15 is an open slap in the face to fans simply because a few EFL palms have been greased. If this goes unchallenged actual games abroad will soon follow.

Long time since I have listened to the League Cup draw live so don't really give a toss where and when it is made.
    Since they played FA Cup games all over the place I lost interest in all cup draws but I agree with the sentiment regarding the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I get where you're coming from and I think most would agree with you, but - after the ridiculous talk of the 39th Premier League fixture a few years ago and the fear that may come up again in the future - staging the League Cup final in China would be a good compromise. We don't care about the League Cup anything like we used to, maybe playing towards a big event abroad would breath fresh life into it.
    This is obviously a wind so I will not treat the post with the contempt it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I don’t find it essential to hear the draw live. If we were still involved, I’d be quite happy to check who we’d drawn when I woke up.
    Obviously there's a lot of people, like me, who aren't bothered about hearing the draw live.

They’ve currently got a poll going on the BBC website asking:

“Will you be up at 04:15 BST to follow the EFL Cup third-round draw?”

So far the result is:

Yes. Wake up alarm is already set. 7%

No chance. I need my sleep. 93%

Obviously there's a lot of people, like me, who aren't bothered about hearing the draw live.
    What an infantile and ridiculous conclusion to draw. That question is a very general one, so fans in a similar position to us would have no interest in the draw whenever and wherever it was made. The question should be "If your team were involved, would you rather have the draw made at a reasonable time in England or at 04:15 in China?'. I predict that 99.9% (at least) would prefer the former. Even if Notts were involved I wouldn't be setting an alarm clock, but that wouldn't mean I "wasn't bothered" about hearing the draw live.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What an infantile and ridiculous conclusion to draw. That question is a very general one, so fans in a similar position to us would have no interest in the draw whenever and wherever it was made. The question should be "If your team were involved, would you rather have the draw made at a reasonable time in England or at 04:15 in China?'. I predict that 99.9% (at least) would prefer the former. Even if Notts were involved I wouldn't be setting an alarm clock, but that wouldn't mean I "wasn't bothered" about hearing the draw live.

What he said.

What an infantile and ridiculous conclusion to draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    What he said.
    My old granny used to say, “Why waste words on people who only deserve your silence.”

As usual, she wasn’t wrong.

My old granny used to say, “Why waste words on people who only deserve your silence.”

As usual, she wasn’t wrong.
    My old granny used to say "Never listen to people who quote what their old granny used to say when they talk crap themselves".

As usual, she wasn't wrong.

Then I am one of the 1% if the draw in China meant Notts got more money from the competition.
    I can't remember the last cup draw of any competition I listened to.

There was a time when the League Cup had nearly as much importance as the FA Cup ONCE had. Then the Premier League was spawned and the chance for money evolved and both competitions, certainly the League Cup (or whatever it is now called) diminished. The only reason the FA Cup still carries any interest at a high level is because of the route it offers to European money.
    No wonder the footballing world dislikes the English. Everything revolves around money and generating money. The pill would taste sweeter if you could the home nations kids coming through, too late now though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast