+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: total over-reaction...

total over-reaction...

... to ONE bad performance.

Rafa underlined (before the season started) the need for unity, the team, supporters and coaching staff all need to be pulling in the same direction.

one poor performance and the reaction / criticism hits crisis proportions.

I say let the pundits spout their Shiite (as they did last season) and go about disappointing them all (as WE DID last season)

keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    ... to ONE bad performance.

Rafa underlined (before the season started) the need for unity, the team, supporters and coaching staff all need to be pulling in the same direction.

one poor performance and the reaction / criticism hits crisis proportions.

I say let the pundits spout their Shiite (as they did last season) and go about disappointing them all (as WE DID last season)

keep the faith!
    Ive kept the faith for 50+ years & nowt much has changed

I seem to be in the minority in that I saw something to build on, on Sunday. I was impressed with Merino and Mbemba. Joselu is new but he had a go and, of the new players, I was least impressed by Manquillo although he did a couple of good things.

On Elliotīs performance, Rafa is right to want a new keeper - his distribution was woeful at times and he flapped at a cross or two.

There was little difference between us and Huddersfield and with our full team out, I suspect we wouldīve won.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I seem to be in the minority in that I saw something to build on, on Sunday. I was impressed with Merino and Mbemba. Joselu is new but he had a go and, of the new players, I was least impressed by Manquillo although he did a couple of good things.

On Elliotīs performance, Rafa is right to want a new keeper - his distribution was woeful at times and he flapped at a cross or two.

There was little difference between us and Huddersfield and with our full team out, I suspect we wouldīve won.
    I agree with this TopToon.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

Well said.

Thing is with Huddersfield everyone wants them to do well as their the plucky underdog. So things other teams would get penalised for doesn't happen to them. I don't even think the refs do it deliberately, more it's a subconscious thing.

.. You'll be lucky to get a point at home to West Ham and I reckon you will get beat at Swansea .. Your team is lacking and you have a worse squad than the one that sent us down. Your only saving grace is that your manager seems to have you well organized at the back so one or two players in could make all the difference. I don't fancy your chances on signing any decent players mind ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Well said.

Thing is with Huddersfield everyone wants them to do well as their the plucky underdog. So things other teams would get penalised for doesn't happen to them. I don't even think the refs do it deliberately, more it's a subconscious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. You'll be lucky to get a point at home to West Ham and I reckon you will get beat at Swansea .. Your team is lacking and you have a worse squad than the one that sent us down. Your only saving grace is that your manager seems to have you well organized at the back so one or two players in could make all the difference. I don't fancy your chances on signing any decent players mind ..
    Not a lot to argue with there apart from the comparison...but that's because I don't know much about your team.

...although it depends on who we have available by the time the Swansea game comes around. With Shelvey back, Lejeune fit and a couple of new signings then it could look a lot more positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ...although it depends on who we have available by the time the Swansea game comes around. With Shelvey back, Lejeune fit and a couple of new signings then it could look a lot more positive.
    .. Your board and Ashley would be mad not to get a couple of decent quality in. But saying that I think they are mad so I wouldn't hold your breath .. We were ****ed by way too many long term injuries to key players last season, just like your lot when you went down the time before last. We look to be in a similar position to you atm, we need a couple of better quality players to have a decent chance of doing ok this season.

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. Your board and Ashley would be mad not to get a couple of decent quality in. But saying that I think they are mad so I wouldn't hold your breath .. We were ****ed by way too many long term injuries to key players last season, just like your lot when you went down the time before last. We look to be in a similar position to you atm, we need a couple of better quality players to have a decent chance of doing ok this season.
    Aye...you have to replace Defoe's goals....and we have to replace...Gayle's goals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)