+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this racist

Is this racist

Eniola Aluka with 102 English caps said manager mark Sampson said to her

Make sure they don't have Ebola. When she told him her parents were coming over from Nigeria. He denies it.

It seems an independent inquiry found Sampson and the FA not guilty, Eniola didn't go to the inquiry

The FA have supposedly paid her £80k and now she's speaking out.

She is a lawyer and hasn't been picked for England since she took out a grievance procedure against Sampson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41007444

Possibly intended as a joke, I find it hard to see racism in that, not knowing how it was said of course. Am I wrong?

Nah, not at all.

A bit crass that's all.

If we had a player hoping to sign for a German team and they said, "I hope you haven't got Mad Cow Disease" then it wouldn't be racist.

Stupid, yes. Racist, no.

Of course it's not racist. If it was actually said then probably not the wisest thing to say as Ebola is not particularly a laughing matter but as you say we're not party to how it was said.
    The fact that he was found not guilty, she took £80 grand and has now subsequently blabbed is a bit distasteful, considering she is a lawyer herself

It's not racist. Its clumsy.

Another idiot jumping on the PC merry go round.

I have followed this one quite closely and it is apparent to me that the English Football Association have institutional racism off to a tee.

The English centre forward who has been capped more than 100 times, lost her job because of the FA's investigation into an alleged supposed "conflict of interest" because she complained of bullying and racism.

Eniola Aluka IMHO is a sensitive soul who can take offence at the earliest opportunity and play the good old race card to suit.

If the FA are whiter than white (pun intended) in all of this, why splash £80k to assuage her hurt feelings?

It's racial stereotyping. "If you come from Nigeria you must have ebola."

The irony, of course, is that Nigeria only had limited local cases. The countries worst affected were Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, but hey, let's not let the facts get in the way when you want to crack an offensive 'joke', Mr Sampson.

Is this racist

Eniola Aluka with 102 English caps said manager mark Sampson said to her:

Make sure they don't have Ebola. When she told him her parents were coming over from Nigeria. He denies it.

It's all there....he said - she said....she said he said it but he vehemently denies saying it....therefore before it can be decided if a comment was racist....it has to be proven it was spoken - but as (I believe) there were no witnesses present to hear it - nothing can be proved....so this being Only - a case of truth or lie - and not racist remarks...that seemingly none can prove were spoken. It needs corroboration, otherwise its a none starter.

And doesn't help the young lady that in the subsequent enqiury - the ebola remark wasn't mentioned.

The FA said the allegation arose in informal correspondence and was not included in Aluko's subsequent complaint, or it would have been investigated.

I would still love to hear an explanation from the FA as to why they deemed it necessary to spunk £80k on hush money?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I would still love to hear an explanation from the FA as to why they deemed it necessary to spunk £80k on hush money?
    And how she was able to talk about it with no restriction! Not much hush. Sampson doesn't come out of it smelling of roses, but how is the comment racist!

The Independent has more. It seems she is complaining about racism and bullying at a meeting where she wasn't present and wouldn't name the person allegedly bullied! That person hasn't come forward either. For a lawyer she seems to see a lot of things in normal speech to be racist.

In her evidence to the FA, revealed by the BBC, Aluko said: "During a meeting, at which I was not present, MS [Sampson] used an analogy about pressing hard in midfield and getting a caution like a police caution.

"MS then addressed the player individually and said in relation to being cautioned by police: 'Haven't you been arrested before? Four times isn't it?'"

Aluko, who is also a qualified lawyer, added: "This comment about the player was made with derogatory, racial and prejudicial connotations.

“It was also a defamatory, untrue statement given that the player has never been arrested and MS's comment indicates an assumption (subconscious or conscious) that being mixed race from London suggests a criminal record with the police.” She the

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7897781.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)