+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Leicester City (EFL cup 2nd round)

Two goalies in Sheffield ................Eastwood and Westwood.

weve not had big support in both cups for last 10 years rod apart from when weve reached later stages and to be honest dont think chris was that bothered by making all those changes any chance we would have had agaibst leicester we would have had to field our first team sat game against derby is his main priority and i think its gonna be a cracker still think clubs dropped a clanger by not giving them upper bl could have had 30k attendance

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    weve not had big support in both cups for last 10 years rod apart from when weve reached later stages and to be honest dont think chris was that bothered by making all those changes any chance we would have had agaibst leicester we would have had to field our first team sat game against derby is his main priority and i think its gonna be a cracker still think clubs dropped a clanger by not giving them upper bl could have had 30k attendance
    It's not just us Shoreham, in fact ours was one of the night's best attendances. The majority of gates were between 5-10k for teams at all levels, it seems fans aren't too bothered about the early rounds till the top clubs enter the fray.

well gray the league cup is basically a reserves competition these days and certainly not one of our priorities didnt go but it sounds like apart from brooks and baldock nobody did their chances of first team action any good ps according to poster on s2 were interested in james wilson from man utd think he might have injury problems though

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    well gray the league cup is basically a reserves competition these days and certainly not one of our priorities didnt go but it sounds like apart from brooks and baldock nobody did their chances of first team action any good ps according to poster on s2 were interested in james wilson from man utd think he might have injury problems though
    I was impressed with Baldock especially as it was his first game after being out for so long. Evans is a mile away from doing the business although as we know a goal could kick him on.

Like Rod says, Brooke's drifted in and out of the game but looks a real talent. One thing that I didn't realise before yesterday was that it's not just about his running with the ball, he got stuck in and made tackles and went shoulder to shoulder a few times and seemed hard to push off. That side of his game can only improve as he gets physically stronger, based on how DCL has done for Everton it's hard to imagine that there isn't them and several other clubs lining up bids for the kid, I'll be amazed and delighted if he's still here after the window.

baldock was the best right back at the lane last season can see him behind freeman for away games if we go to a back four which i think we should be doing as for brooks dont see any way we will be able to hold on to him but just hope we get a good deal with a 20per cent sell on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12