+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Leicester City (EFL cup 2nd round)

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Leicester City (EFL cup 2nd round)

So after the edgy but well deserved win at the weekend, we now face Premier League opposition in the form of Leicester. Will be interesting to what sort of side both teams put out, with priority at this stage mostly on the league. That said, Leicester should have a reasonable chance of progressing far in each cup competition and may see it as their best chance to secure European qualification. Very early rounds at this stage though.... Equally I'd like us to have a cup run this year, and if they rest a few, theres always a 'chance'.

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched a likely starter?

Beard in the departure lounge?

Major changes or a few 'tweaks'?

Though I can't see CW fielding a full strength side, whatever players do come in are also likely to be well up for the tie on Sky TV. Although it's PL opposition I can't see a big crowd though. Just too early in the competition and of course on the box. Could go either way but I'll go for 1-1 draw and win on penalties - not that I want extra time (is there?) but I just think that's how it'll go.

UTCB

Hope we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So after the edgy but well deserved win at the weekend, we now face Premier League opposition in the form of Leicester. Will be interesting to what sort of side both teams put out, with priority at this stage mostly on the league. That said, Leicester should have a reasonable chance of progressing far in each cup competition and may see it as their best chance to secure European qualification. Very early rounds at this stage though.... Equally I'd like us to have a cup run this year, and if they rest a few, theres always a 'chance'.

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched a likely starter?

Beard in the departure lounge?

Major changes or a few 'tweaks'?

Though I can't see CW fielding a full strength side, whatever players do come in are also likely to be well up for the tie on Sky TV. Although it's PL opposition I can't see a big crowd though. Just too early in the competition and of course on the box. Could go either way but I'll go for 1-1 draw and win on penalties - not that I want extra time (is there?) but I just think that's how it'll go.

UTCB
    I think we'll get beat mate,probably comfortably beaten as well.Baldock,Evans,Lavery are gunna start if i heard Tufty's interview r8,Brooksy also.I wonder if Hazza will be Leicester's skipper for the night? I tip a 3-1 defeat,and don't forget i'm a clapper accordin to some on here. UTCB

Eastwood
    Brayford Wright ?
    Baldock Brooks Lundstram Carruthers Lafferty
    Evans Lavery

Painfully short at centre half

Name:  IMG_0208.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  95.6 KB

I thought we gave a good account of ourselves until Gray scored the first goal then they showed their pace and that they were a class above us in my opinion.I thought Baldock did well,Once again BROOKSY showed some luvly touches without quite findin the killer pass.I was a bit disapointed wi the turnout from our fans.UTCB

too expensive rod 3 home games in a week and one a cat a* game which for me shouldnt have been plus live on sky people just aint got the money im afraid me owd didnt go but hearing good reports on baldock who i really rate how do you rate him rodney old bean ?

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    too expensive rod 3 home games in a week and one a cat a* game which for me shouldnt have been plus live on sky people just aint got the money im afraid me owd didnt go but hearing good reports on baldock who i really rate how do you rate him rodney old bean ?
    Season ticket holders,a tenner and a fiver for owd gits like me,can't grumble at them prices in my view.I've said i thought Baldock did well mi owd.UTCB

Not just a tenner tho is it rod unless you walk to the ground and go straight in without a drink and how many do that ? By the time you've got there and back and had a couple of pints it's doubled if not more. I dint go but not cos of money I wasn't goin to leave our gert on her own for 4 hrs when I could watch it anyway on the magic picture box,I should imagine a lot did the same

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Not just a tenner tho is it rod unless you walk to the ground and go straight in without a drink and how many do that ? By the time you've got there and back and had a couple of pints it's doubled if not more. I dint go but not cos of money I wasn't goin to leave our gert on her own for 4 hrs when I could watch it anyway on the magic picture box,I should imagine a lot did the same
    True what you're sayin mate,but i still think it was a poor turnout,but as always each to their own.I hope Mrs B is ok,i send best wishes to ya both.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast