+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Honest Thoughts Of The Season So Far

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Agree with Monty around 10th place I think we will lose a few hammer a few teams and play well and lose because of our inconsistencies at the back.,
    Having said that I'm a happy clapper so top 2 it is then.
    I think Pocket's bang on the money. We are certainly capable of hammering teams if we get the wind in our sails but can we win ugly, grind out a result, pinch a goal and hang on away from home? That's what it takes to get out of this league.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I think Pocket's bang on the money. We are certainly capable of hammering teams if we get the wind in our sails but can we win ugly, grind out a result, pinch a goal and hang on away from home? That's what it takes to get out of this league.
    Bloody hope so. I can't wait to see Bray to be honest. Maybe he's been hyped a bit by Warne but still if he's the same type of player that Williams I can see better cover down our left hand side.

Does anyone think that the players not in the team can improve it in any way to make any difference? Could Purrington for example stop the crosses that Mattock isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Bloody hope so. I can't wait to see Bray to be honest. Maybe he's been hyped a bit by Warne but still if he's the same type of player that Williams I can see better cover down our left hand side.

Does anyone think that the players not in the team can improve it in any way to make any difference? Could Purrington for example stop the crosses that Mattock isn't?
    Bray will be a good player (I hope) when he can stand his ground

Yes Purrington can defend (or will given time) better than Mattock but not better in coming forward and putting the crosses in and that's why Warney ATM is choosing Mattock imo

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Exactly this. I was listening to Football Heaven the other night at all the Wednesday fans moaning about their performance away at Fulham, saying bizarre comments like "yeah it's 3 points but the performance was dreadful." But to me, that sounded more like setting up to win ugly. Smash and grab. To do that on the road against a side like Fulham is how you do well in the league.

Whilst the performance against Posh was encouraging and it's good to see us having a go, it's also a bigger disappointment to work so hard and get absolutely nothing. If we can learn to win ugly on the road against good sides of Peterborough's standard, and then turn on performances like we did against Southend in home games against poorer teams and absolutely batter them, then we should have a decent enjoyable season.

Keeper & the defence? Keep saying this play the best Right back at the club ie Vaulks. Like someone said get a more experienced Centre back but with a pulse & play Purrington at Left back will help. If we can get shut of Price a new no. keeper yes. Need a central midfielder. Will Potter & Frecks last the long season out. Got to get the best out of the rest of the squad. Agree Bray looks like he's got something to offer. One thing to avoid don't make do & bodge up & play players out of position. Top 6 tipping if we do things right.

If Vaulks is the best RB we have at the club then Warney can get out

Some positive signs but also some very worrying signs defensively. We have conceded 4 goals away from home and should have conceded 3 in the 5-0 victory in which poor finishing and luck enabled us to keep a clean sheet.

If we can secure a new keeper and the defence come good there are some promising signs that we will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    If Vaulks is the best RB we have at the club then Warney can get out
    Tell one better, defo' not Emmanuel. Another thing people don't see on here. Vaulks has something extra hardly anybody has at this club. He got something about him. He's got heart & puts it in. He was good enough in the championship at Right back. I'd say it's his best position, he's better there than in midfield. He'll know that.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Tell one better, defo' not Emmanuel. Another thing people don't see on here. Vaulks has something extra hardly anybody has at this club. He got something about him. He's got heart & puts it in. He was good enough in the championship at Right back. I'd say it's his best position, he's better there than in midfield. He'll know that.
    ....but he's said he doesn't want to play at right back.
    He thinks he's a central midfielder but just runs round like a headless chicken when he plays there.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Some positive signs but also some very worrying signs defensively. We have conceded 4 goals away from home and should have conceded 3 in the 5-0 victory in which poor finishing and luck enabled us to keep a clean sheet.

If we can secure a new keeper and the defence come good there are some promising signs that we will be ok
    At home, we also conceded a "cock-up" goal v Lincoln C (Lge Cup), and couldn't hold out against a Man City U23 team (FL Trophy) who had posed little threat until the last few mioments of the game. One "clean sheet" out of five so far , therefore Warney needs to address that problem.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-08-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast