+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Honest Thoughts Of The Season So Far

Your Honest Thoughts Of The Season So Far

What are your thoughts of how things are going?

I read a bumped thread started by Mandyturnerhead yesterday and it got me thinking.

I've seen some stunning saves made by O'Donnell. He is a better keeper than a lot are giving him credit for.

The defending has been good apart from the obvious odd slip up that we seem to be punished for. The coaching side certainly have some head reprogramming to do because the decision making is at fault.

I am deligted to see us pushing up the field in numbers through midfield and playing simple quick balls into space that team mates are running into. Williams has been a good signing and the type of player we'll be singing to from the terraces.
    Are we committing too many up the field and leaving too much space in front of the defence for comfort?

The forruds. Well Moore is on fire and is fitting in to the way we have set up. If this guy was a deliberate signing for the way we want to play then 10/10 to the scouts for that one. It's just a pity he's not been signed permanently.

The coaching staff are showing more steel than last season. I'm liking the pashion from them and their expectations of the players.

I will stand by what I thought before the season started and say we'll be in the play-offs by the end of the season.

Better than I thought tbh, ok the opening game was a disaster but Southend game made up for that, we were unlucky not to get a point at Posh.

O'Donnell has made a big improvement from when he joined, still making the odd error, when I say we need a new keeper it's the fact that we never see Price on the bench.

Ajayi was great last season but been a little disappointing in this seasons start, cut the silly mistakes out (hit the ****er in row z) and hopefully he'll be the good player that's in him.

Most Players seem fit enough to do 90 + mins

Warney needs to think on formation/players depending who we play (can't play same way through season) but I'm looking forward to the season.

Not sure I could take another Wembley so Autos here we come

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    What are your thoughts of how things are going?
    New signings have been good so far. We're still conceding too many silly goals though, due to lack of communication and poor marking (Mattock still can't block a cross , even at this level). If we can sort the defence out, we might make the play-offs, although if our loan players go back n January, we could be struggling to achieve that.
    We still have quite a few "squad" players who are unlikely to ever play, unless there is a chickenpox epidemic or something similar....maybe there will be changes to the squad before the transfer deadline, but we're leaving it a bit late
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-08-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Pretty much concur with most of that Frog.
    I agree that O'Donnell has made some excellent saves but he always seems to have a mistake in him. It looked as though he should have saved Peterborough's first goal and why the hell did he come racing off his line for their second? I'd still like to see us sign a proven League 1 goalkeeper.
    The back four look promising but the central defenders are young and still learning so an experienced centre half, say one aged about 26, wouldn't go amiss.
    I'd like to see us put a realistic bid in for Moore as he seems key to the way we play up front and if he keeps scoring, other clubs will soon come sniffing round or Ipswich will recall him at Christmas.
    I think Warney is doing a good job in clearing out the dross and creating an excellent team spirit. I've said before that he wouldn't have been my choice as manager but I've really warmed to his approach and wish him nothing but success.
    If we can sort our away form out then the playoffs should be a realistic possibility. UTM.

Too early to say whether Fleetwood or Southend are the better guide to RUFC's season. It looks a poor league to me and anything less than the play-offs will be failure imo. On balance I'm not convinced and I still feel we'll finish around 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Too early to say whether Fleetwood or Southend are the better guide to RUFC's season. It looks a poor league to me and anything less than the play-offs will be failure imo. On balance I'm not convinced and I still feel we'll finish around 10th.
    If we beat Charlton with Kettle the ref and JFC (Caskey ) back to show us what a player he is and what we let go then I'll be convinced

I stand by what I said before top 6 is a must with this squad anything less will just prove to fans that warne is not up to the job.

Still lots to do on recruitment I'd be looking at 2 young permanent defenders a permanent striker a experienced defender on loan and maybe another striker on loan.

Until window shuts I can't make any real predictions but right now our defence has a big hole in it that's the only real fault in our squad once that is sorted goals will be coming in like a waterfall into a lagoon

Defence need lessons from Wilsterman the fireman - put it out!

Agree with Monty around 10th place I think we will lose a few hammer a few teams and play well and lose because of our inconsistencies at the back.,
    Having said that I'm a happy clapper so top 2 it is then.

There's good signs for sure, difficult start, i've said top ten with a push for play offs, management are surprising a few people, but a way to go yet before a good guess can be made, ten games in is a better position to judge.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast