+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do we play Woods? With or without Vokes?

How do we play Woods? With or without Vokes?

There is a similarity between Woods and Vokes but they offer different abilities.

Both big lads both about the same mobility.

Woods seems good on both feet and scores outside the box as well as "poaching".

Woods moves into good positions inside the box perhaps a wee bit better than Vokes.

Both depend on good service.

Will we play them together? It might seem not.

What are your thoughts?

Sorry, blueheeler, but my thoughts are that his name is Wood, not Woods.

He is a vokes type player maybe abit better with his feet i.e finishing. But saying that he has never played at this level only time will tell. I for one was underwhelmed by this signing because he aint any better than anything we have and to spend 15 mill on him is a risk. But what player isnt a risk.

Play them together and drop Hendrick.

Cork and Defour are the best two true out and out midfielders I have seen since McIlroy and Adamson were at it!

We don't need Hendrick in with them.

We should try to bring in Crouch as well and play all 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Play them together and drop Hendrick.

Cork and Defour are the best two true out and out midfielders I have seen since McIlroy and Adamson were at it!

We don't need Hendrick in with them.
    Agree but I don't think Shaun will see Hendrick the same way.

Sometimes Sean is a bit like an oil tanker, he changes direction only very slowly. I though Hendrick was a liability in midfield last year and would have been better employed pushing up in support of a lone striker. Sean now seems to have come to the same conclusion, but maybe he's not convinced about Hendrick in this role either. My guess is that, once Wood is up to the required fitness level, he'll replace Hendrick, and we'll have the two big lads up front.

Got to be honest and I have only seen highlights and snatches of streamed games here and there, I thought hendricks was just beginning to look a hell of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Got to be honest and I have only seen highlights and snatches of streamed games here and there, I thought hendricks was just beginning to look a hell of a player.
    Not what Hendrick has done wrong but he isn't a forward and I wouldn't want to drop Cork or Defour. I just fear Shaun favours Hendrick.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Claret View Post
    Not what Hendrick has done wrong but he isn't a forward and I wouldn't want to drop Cork or Defour. I just fear Shaun favours Hendrick.
    It's the wide men for me who didn't - don't deliver maybe Hendrick could come in from the left in front of ward.

I'm not sure what Hendrick has done wrong tbh , he's has good feet is big and strong competes a general all rounder,

Centrally Defour and Cork is great until we play big physical boys, then we struggle.

Dyches dilemma is about to start.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)