+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cud this work

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Don't see it as subsidising, more acting as a guarantor.

Its not dfc fleecing fans its genuinely the going rate but its too expensive.
    If it's the going rate,why bring it up?

Dfcss acting as guarantors for billionaire owners makes a lot of sense. It's dfc fleecing fans,they could have lowered prices,the money can't have been budgeted for anyway.

Maybe the SLO should have been doing the part of his job that is not telling the fans what the club told him to say

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    If it's the going rate,why bring it up?

Dfcss acting as guarantors for billionaire owners makes a lot of sense. It's dfc fleecing fans,they could have lowered prices,the money can't have been budgeted for anyway.

Maybe the SLO should have been doing the part of his job that is not telling the fans what the club told him to say
    I agree its too expensive that's why ill be paying £19 but I was just thinking about possible solutions that's all.

Whether the yanks are millionaires or billionaires its not that relevant really.

We continue to make a loss and it seems they are trying to maximize their income from this game. Em not saying i agree with that but it is the going rate, mid £20's to £30 for a game in Scotland.

It's relevant because they have billions,the society have thousands. They could subsidise the price cut themselves,or be guarantors or whatever else you want to call it. but they wont.

It's relevant because they have billions,the society have thousands. They could subsidise the price cut themselves,or be guarantors or whatever else you want to call it. but they wont.
    Why shud they when the Dundee support have giving them little back since they came in?

We haven't exactly rallied behind them and oor expectations of what we want them to do seems a bit unrealistic at times.

Deeranged has posted on here a few times about how they wont lower price its about the bottom line. I was just coming at it from a slightly different angle that's all.

A wee compromise if you like.

But ill put you down as a NO.

Doesn't matter who has how much, DFCSS are sitting on thousands that belong to the fans, I like many donated plenty to them, under the guise it was going to our club, not for a bunch of w@nkers to play god with, what right do they have to donate this money to community projects

They have the right because they are on the society board. And that makes it their job to decide what to do with any monies raised.

And the money belongs to the society,because it was given to them

Why shud they when the Dundee support have giving them little back since they came in?

We haven't exactly rallied behind them and oor expectations of what we want them to do seems a bit unrealistic at times.

Deeranged has posted on here a few times about how they wont lower price its about the bottom line. I was just coming at it from a slightly different angle that's all.

A wee compromise if you like.

But ill put you down as a NO.
    Speak for yourself,my backing for the club has never wavered,and my expectations were never that high.

Was hoping you'd come on deeranged.

What do you think of the idea? ****/ workable / unworkable?

Please don't tell me what the community projects are, em in a good mood, lol.
    **** idea for me, why blow that much cash on one game when a good percentage will go to the other team?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Doesn't matter who has how much, DFCSS are sitting on thousands that belong to the fans, I like many donated plenty to them, under the guise it was going to our club, not for a bunch of w@nkers to play god with, what right do they have to donate this money to community projects
    I thought you were never a member? If you don't know them personally why do you call them ****ers?

They're not playing god they're trying to ensure the cash in hand is properly and sensibly applied. Spunking it directly at the club to do what they want with would not be properly and sensibly applying the cash they have. The whole community thing is one of the main reasons I jacked it, no way should any of that cash go anywhere but Dundee FC - but it has to be applied correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    **** idea for me, why blow that much cash on one game when a good percentage will go to the other team?

I thought you were never a member? If you don't know them personally why do you call them ****ers?

They're not playing god they're trying to ensure the cash in hand is properly and sensibly applied. Spunking it directly at the club to do what they want with would not be properly and sensibly applying the cash they have. The whole community thing is one of the main reasons I jacked it, no way should any of that cash go anywhere but Dundee FC - but it has to be applied correctly.
    Fair enuf but imho it wud cost dfcss zip as we wud get the required attendance.

It cud even make them money.

Speak for yourself,my backing for the club has never wavered,and my expectations were never that high.
    Oh.

Are you a fan owned community club supporter?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)