+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: cud this work

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I made it clear that I resigned because I couldn't work with certain other society board members without going into specifics at the time and I never will. At no point did I mention work commitments though - you're maybe thinking of Colin Reid.

Maybe was RRoS I'm thinking of, apologies for that.
    Was never a member just a donor.

So I take it you agreed with the donation towards the tin cartoon sculpture

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    So I take it you agreed with the donation towards the tin cartoon sculpture
    The club asked me if I would approach the society board and ask if they could buy it so that it could kept somewhere that it would always be available for the fans to have access to so yes, I was all for it. The bonus of course was that not only did the club get the sculpture it wanted but The Archie Foundation got a nice wee donation, win - win situation.

The vast, vast majority of people I've spoken to about the sculpture believe it was a good use of society cash.

The club asked me if I would approach the society board and ask if they could buy it so that it could kept somewhere that it would always be available for the fans to have access to so yes, I was all for it. The bonus of course was that not only did the club get the sculpture it wanted but The Archie Foundation got a nice wee donation, win - win situation.

The vast, vast majority of people I've spoken to about the sculpture believe it was a good use of society cash.

Strange I've spoken to loads of people who all think It was a complete and utter waste of cash.

It sits in club shop behind a load of cardboard boxes Last time I was in. Although I suppose It cant do much more than sit there.
    Last edited by Returnofrros; 22-08-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Probably the same people who dont realise we are losing hundreds of fans every season

Utter waste of fans money

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Fair enuf but imho it wud cost dfcss zip as we wud get the required attendance.

It cud even make them money.
    I can't find my copy of the dfcss accounts, but from memory they don't have enough cash to act as guarantors in the way to suggest. All the comments you ever get from DFC is that cutting prices does not generate the increase in numbers to make more money for the club. I think there might be a considerable benefit in having a big Dee support, especially if an opponent, like Celtic, might have bigger fish to fry in the shape of a Champions League game shortly after, or even shortly before the local opposition game.

Will have another search and see if I can get the figures. In truth they should be posted on the dee4life website, but I could not find them, after an admittedly brief search of the site.

The money donated to DFCSS wasn't donated to be given away to charity, should have let the owners do that, I donate to charity direct from my wages, have done for over 34 years, if they threw my money away I'd stop donating, my money, like everyone else's was handed over for the club go Benidorm, nothing else, it's easy to throw money about when it's not your own,

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Strange I've spoken to loads of people who all think It was a complete and utter waste of cash.

It sits in club shop behind a load of cardboard boxes Last time I was in. Although I suppose It cant do much more than sit there.
    Club wanted it, I was asked to get it, I got it - my part in all this is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    The money donated to DFCSS wasn't donated to be given away to charity, should have let the owners do that, I donate to charity direct from my wages, have done for over 34 years, if they threw my money away I'd stop donating, my money, like everyone else's was handed over for the club go Benidorm, nothing else, it's easy to throw money about when it's not your own,
    Well, here's where we differ completely. I never gave a penny to DFCSS so that the club could go to Benidorm and when I was on the board I personally would never have condoned the use of any cash for that.

Club wanted it, I was asked to get it, I got it - my part in all this is finished.
    Don't disagree with that it was your suggestion that most fans thought it was money well spent that I disagree with.

Obviously we speak to different people.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)