+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the road infrastructure that would be needed for the proposed new ground

the road infrastructure that would be needed for the proposed new ground

imo makes a new ground where its getting planned an absolute non starter

had a yap with a mate today about what would be needed and after listening i must agree that the road infrastructure cost would be huge.

just think what would be required to get traffic in and out every 2nd week

surely the yanks have done their homework on this and id love to see their plan/cost projection for the road layout,happy to be proven wrong

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post

had a yap with a mate today about what would be needed and after listening i must agree that the road infrastructure cost would be huge.

surely the yanks have done their homework on this and id love to see their plan/cost projection for the road layout,happy to be proven wrong
    Why do you want to see their plan/ cost projection ?

would give an indication of how much planning has been done
    however i never meant that i wanted to see it personally,wouldv been good to have seen it projected alongside the stadium plans

billy do u think there will be a spade in the ground any year soon if so when do u reckon plans will come to fruitition?
    me im myb a bit lang in the tooth nowadays after getting fed bull****t ump**** times in my time as a dee

initial post was an inquisitive punter trying to work out wether its feasable or just mair pie in the sky

would give an indication of how much planning has been done
    however i never meant that i wanted to see it personally,wouldv been good to have seen it projected alongside the stadium plans

billy do u think there will be a spade in the ground any year soon if so when do u reckon plans will come to fruitition?
    me im myb a bit lang in the tooth nowadays after getting fed bull****t ump**** times in my time as a dee

initial post was an inquisitive punter trying to work out wether its feasable or just mair pie in the sky

Maybe best waiting for the full plans to come out shaded,so you can see the road plans. I get your scepticism though of course I do, but I personally think it's more possible to happen than any other previous pie in the sky plans of new stadia in the city that were presented before. The purchase of land is a big big start in my slight optimism.

yi hear all sorts o numbers re cost billy,from infrastructure to how much a new stadium costs in relation to each seat within it,and it appears to be mega buks,was just trying to number crunch and 2nd guess how doable it wid be,i realise there are grants et also

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Maybe best waiting for the full plans to come out shaded,so you can see the road plans. I get your scepticism though of course I do, but I personally think it's more possible to happen than any other previous pie in the sky plans of new stadia in the city that were presented before. The purchase of land is a big big start in my slight optimism.
    Cannae believe anyone would spend nearly 2m on land for a stadium without having preliminary discussions on the planning requirements and conditions beforehand.

Homework's been done and planning is a good bit more advanced than is being made public. Roads and council in on things right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Homework's been done and planning is a good bit more advanced than is being made public. Roads and council in on things right from the start.
    Deeranged, it was an interesting statement by Nelms when he said the council asked if we would let the Dabs play at the new stadium.Any idea what is behind that ?

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Deeranged, it was an interesting statement by Nelms when he said the council asked if we would let the Dabs play at the new stadium.Any idea what is behind that ?
    No. I did hear that they asked about it a while back but couldn't tell you what the driver for it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    No. I did hear that they asked about it a while back but couldn't tell you what the driver for it was.
    Just think it's strange it was the council that asked if we would let them use the new stadium ? Onyhow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)