+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: media, pundits, ex players accusing Rafa of negativity

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    it's like broken record time.... but if you can do it, so can i....

the club would generate A LOT MORE money if advertising wasn't given away free.....

and.... Rafa doesn't sell the players the club does, he is frustrated they havent
    but not if they had to pay the debt or the bank called in the debt

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Pboro, all you are doing with posts like this is constantly showing your lack of knowledge about the workings at this club.

So that you don't make these childish remarks again Write out 50 times.

Rafa is not responsible for getting players out. Charnley is.

Rafa wasn't responsible for their silly high wages and over long contracts. Ashley and Charnley were.

Once you have grasped this you will appear to have got the basics right for a start at least.
    me childish
    I see you are still not a man of your word or honour and would stop having digs at me
    yet you constantly sit and tell who ever listens to your arsewiping that you don't start it

you have no knowledge of what goes on at the club
    only what you want to believe
    rafa is responsible for getting players out as he is in charge of all footy matters
    and why say someone has no future at the club but continue to play them risking injury and then them not going ,or indeed make life hard for them and make them move on

please stop your stupid little digs

and then bleat like the fat waiter saying you don't start them
    they start from little cowardly jibes like this

you are a man with no honour you are like one of those little to55ers who hang around with the school bully licking arse

trying to stir 5hite knowing you are protected

well your a liar an arsewipe and a 5hitstirer

do what you said you would do stay of my post stop the arguing and then stop bleating like a stuffed pig when people get bored with us arguing

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    me childish
    I see you are still not a man of your word or honour and would stop having digs at me
    yet you constantly sit and tell who ever listens to your arsewiping that you don't start it

you have no knowledge of what goes on at the club
    only what you want to believe
    rafa is responsible for getting players out as he is in charge of all footy matters
    and why say someone has no future at the club but continue to play them risking injury and then them not going ,or indeed make life hard for them and make them move on

please stop your stupid little digs

and then bleat like the fat waiter saying you don't start them
    they start from little cowardly jibes like this

you are a man with no honour you are like one of those little to55ers who hang around with the school bully licking arse

trying to stir 5hite knowing you are protected

well your a liar an arsewipe and a 5hitstirer

do what you said you would do stay of my post stop the arguing and then stop bleating like a stuffed pig when people get bored with us arguing
    I'm not having digs at you nor am I replying in the childish insulting ways which you do.

All I am saying is that in NUMEROUS POSTS you complain about Rafa not moving unwanted players on.

What myself and many,many other posters point out is that once Rafa has made the decision to discard particular players it is then Charnley's job to get them moved on.

If this task is made more difficult because average or poor players were given higher wages and longer contracts than their ability deserves then that is the fault of those who allowed this to happen.

That was Charnley and Ashley and not Rafa.

Surely that must be clear. Or What?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'd hardly say his knowledge about the workings of the club is lacking any more than any of us if we want to argue a case.
    He's saying it like he thinks, whether good bad or indifferent.
    He's controversial with intent to spark debate.
    As silly as it might seem, it does keep forums ticking much more than everyone just agreeing as a unit.

Ex_pat
    Not when it's so repetitive as to blame Rafa for ALL of the mistakes he has inherited from Ashley and Charnley.

Ghost
    So Rafa has no say in what's what with the players. Is this what you're saying?
    Does Charnley take massive credit for getting 30 million for Sissoko then?
    Does he take the flack for buying in players and overcrowding the player pool leaving no room, whilst Rafa keeps on looking.
    Rafa and co have to accept responsibility, not just Charnley and Ashley.

Ex_pat
    Sissoko is one success sale. Add the value and wages of those who they can't move on and these outweigh that one success.
    And the responsibility I posted about was what has gone on for seasons before Rafa arrived. Ashley is not an ideal owner and Charley is not an ideal puppet. And before you begin to compare them with worse alternatives from Sunderland, compare them with better owners and executives from other normal clubs (and I don't mean the unreal plastic clubs)

Just think a few seasons ago just before Ashley came we were a better club than both Everton and Spurs. Now look where they were.

In fact at the start of the season not so long ago we were second bottom of the Prem and who was bottom. Spurs were. And not much water has flowed under the bridge since then.

Ghost
    I thought they were skinflints who wouldn't allow buys because of high wages?
    Make your mind up.

Ex_pat
    What I was saying is that they have given the wrong wages to the wrong players.

When Shearer came no one cribbed at him having a big wage and a top wage. Good players deserve this but if you give willy nilly average players better wages and contracts than they deserve then they will sit on them and wait for some other mug puppet to sign them up and take them over. but there are not many more mugs about worse than the executive we have been encumbered with.

Ghost
    I think he does grasp it but selective minds come to the fore.

Ex_pat
    Of course he grasps it but just gets infantile enjoyment in getting attention by being a wum.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 23-08-2017 at 09:14 AM.

I'm not having digs at you nor am I replying in the childish insulting ways which you do.

All I am saying is that in NUMEROUS POSTS you complain about Rafa not moving unwanted players on.

What myself and many,many other posters point out is that once Rafa has made the decision to discard particular players it is then Charnley's job to get them moved on.

If this task is made more difficult because average or poor players were given higher wages and longer contracts than their ability deserves then that is the fault of those who allowed this to happen.

That was Charnley and Ashley and not Rafa.

Surely that must be clear. Or What?
    It's also Rafa's problem if he brought them to the club if they turn out to be below standard or surplus to his set up.
    It's a collective issue not just a Charnley issue.

As for poor players given higher wages...ask yourself this. Who's buying the poor players and is it done on purpose?
    Or is it that the players are bought for potential and end up poor for whatever reasons?

How do you put a wage tag on that?

Rafa Benitez is not immune to criticism on this score, just as Charnley or anyone else who deals in the transfers and wage demands aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It's also Rafa's problem if he brought them to the club if they turn out to be below standard or surplus to his set up.
    It's a collective issue not just a Charnley issue.

As for poor players given higher wages...ask yourself this. Who's buying the poor players and is it done on purpose?
    Or is it that the players are bought for potential and end up poor for whatever reasons?

How do you put a wage tag on that?

Rafa Benitez is not immune to criticism on this score, just as Charnley or anyone else who deals in the transfers and wage demands aren't.
    But we are not talking about players Rafa brought to the club. We are talking about players who came before Rafa's time and need to be moved on to free up both valuable wages and valuable squad places.

to be fair though.

Rafa did bring in Hanley, Lazaar and Gamez.

but, as has been mentioned elsewhere, we pay slightly lower wages than other clubs, because of this we give longer contracts with loyalty bonuses.

if buying clubs don't match these contracts, the players won't leave.

I believe we have plenty of money to spend, but the squad needs balancing first.

all Rafa has done is voice frustration in this....

But we are not talking about players Rafa brought to the club. We are talking about players who came before Rafa's time and need to be moved on to free up both valuable wages and valuable squad places.
    Name me the players that are hard to move on due to wages and fees.
    Don't forget to include Rafa's signing's and also the signings that many fans were over the moon at when first signed.

Let's not be too selective.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    to be fair though.

Rafa did bring in Hanley, Lazaar and Gamez.

but, as has been mentioned elsewhere, we pay slightly lower wages than other clubs, because of this we give longer contracts with loyalty bonuses.

if buying clubs don't match these contracts, the players won't leave.

I believe we have plenty of money to spend, but the squad needs balancing first.

all Rafa has done is voice frustration in this....
    And that's all fair comment.
    Rafa is well within his rights to voice his frustration but he's also got to be aware that his frustration can be seen as a massive negative by both fans and players alike.

There's players at the club that know they are surplus to requirements but won't be too buoyed up by Rafa's sentiments to the press, etc.
    He doesn't need to name names because his discontent sends the wrong vibes out.

It also creates an issue with the fans in terms of attaching blame and creating a total negative mindset against Ashley and Charnley on top of it all, which (as we have seen first hand) reverberates around the entire club and city and quickly turns into bile which destroys the players confidence and positive mindset.

It's a tricky situation that should be managed in a better way, because the press just love this kind of stuff.

Rafa said in a statement yesterday that he brought in some players to help get us out of the Championship but need to be moved on because they are not Prem quality.
    It is obvious that Hanley,Lazaar and Gamez were just brought in as cover because of the often 3 games a week in the Championship.
    Hopefully they will be gone by next week.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)