+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was Mark Sampson out of order...

The remark for me is more inappropriate, rather than racist. Nigeria is listed as a country with confirmed Ebola cases, so could be seen as a factual statement by Mr Sampson. That said the comment should not have been made.

Definition of racism - Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Does Mr Sampsons comment fall in to the above definition? I suppose it could be seen as antagonising.. maybe.

It wasn't racist in my opinion, it was just dumb and ill-judged.

Navypie'a right that she was on the wane and frankly slipping well down the pecking order. Doesn't excuse Sampson'a comments but maybe explains why she took them so personally.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    It wasn't racist in my opinion, it was just dumb and ill-judged.

Navypie'a right that she was on the wane and frankly slipping well down the pecking order. Doesn't excuse Sampson'a comments but maybe explains why she took them so personally.

These people always smell the money being given out by the PC brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    These people always smell the money being given out by the PC brigade.
    It's not in the slightest bit racist but it is a bit over the top. It's simply an attempt at humour which went over the line as things do sometimes nothing more. Have you never done that? I have. You apologise and everyone moves on in a decent society. No story here. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    It's not in the slightest bit racist but it is a bit over the top. It's simply an attempt at humour which went over the line as things do sometimes nothing more. Have you never done that? I have. You apologise and everyone moves on in a decent society. No story here. End of.
    Agree with the above, unfortunately racism only works one way, being white and British I now class myself as an ethnic minority in this day and age #Iwantmycountryandvaluesback

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The remark for me is more inappropriate, rather than racist. Nigeria is listed as a country with confirmed Ebola cases, so could be seen as a factual statement by Mr Sampson. That said the comment should not have been made.

Definition of racism - Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Does Mr Sampsons comment fall in to the above definition? I suppose it could be seen as antagonising.. maybe.
    Alleged remark , Sampson denies making it .

Making a Mountain out of a mole hill.Cos I'm black,I'll play on it.Not allowed any craic,sense of humour or banter nowdays without it being PC.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    being white and British I now class myself as an ethnic minority in this day and age
    You poor thing #prayforkeldsyke

Was he out of order? Yes of course he was, he didn't say it to his mate, he said it whilst in a position of responsibility. Is all the pc cr@p too much? Yes but still people need to be careful in what situation they say things, it's all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Was he out of order? Yes of course he was, he didn't say it to his mate, he said it whilst in a position of responsibility. Is all the pc cr@p too much? Yes but still people need to be careful in what situation they say things, it's all relative.
    Well said. Professional is as professional does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast