+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Away Attendances At Palmerston

Away Attendances At Palmerston

I am quoting these figures from the Queens programme. Brechin - 40 fans , East Kilbride- 11 , Albion Rovers -72 and Airdrie -55 . I am estimating that the Dumbarton supporters numbered around 60-70. These figures are something else and ICT, Livvy and Morton won't bring that many either.

These figures are truly depressing for away figures. At least Queens fans bolster the attendance figures slightly. Without the likes of Hearts, Hibernian and Rangers in the league, the clubs in the ScoChamp are more reliant on Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Greenock Morton and St Mirren boosting the match attendances. With Brechin and Dumbarton struggling to not even book a supporters bus to Dumfries, I reckon Livingston and the Highlanders of Inverness will not send many fans south either.

There's a good chance the Chairman looked at this seasons fixtures and made some financial cut backs knowing the crowds would be down this season . Still cant understand why he or the club haven't come out and appealled for more Queens fans to come out and support us this year

These depressing figures emphasise the need for the club to promote the matches at Palmerston with more vigour especially when it comes to attracting the youth. Hopefully the situation will improve when a Commercial manager is announced along with the replacement SLO person however the continued silence and lack of initiatives associated with this from the club is not helping the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    These depressing figures emphasise the need for the club to promote the matches at Palmerston with more vigour especially when it comes to attracting the youth. Hopefully the situation will improve when a Commercial manager is announced along with the replacement SLO person however the continued silence and lack of initiatives associated with this from the club is not helping the situation.

Absolutely this . Well said Spike

The use of social media sites is so easy and free to use . In my opinion Queens don't use it often enough . For example Lochar Thistle play Heston Rovers tonight in a top of the table clash at Palmerston Park . Their Twitter & Facebook pages are all over this game and even Annan Athletic have helped advertise the match although it's not directly involving them .
    Come on Queens , get with it

Can't disagree with the above comment. I use social media and even South of Scotland league teams advertise their games better and more often than Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I'm not sure there is much more for the club and others to do to promote matches. There is plenty of information on Social Media,sign outside Palmy and various posters around the pubs in the town as regards fixtures. We also have a good Official Website and a purely independant site such as this one to air views. There has also seems to be an alarming decline in the numbers attending away matches with the Doonhamers Travel Club and this is in line with the general lack of interest in Scottish Football. Falkirk have now more or less shut down the away end for for some matches. Clyde and Airdrie to name just a few own stadiums which hold over 10,000 but can only muster a few hundred for their home matches. We also have Celtic amassing riches from the Champions League whilst others have to borrow money to exist. I see no magic formula for improvement and can see most of Scottish football going part-time very shortly.

I have been watching Queens for well over half a century and even my interest is starting to wane and it is only through loyalty that I continue to support them There are far more interesting activities to keep you occupied on a Saturday afternoon and those who work tirelessly to keep the club going,most of whom are volunteers,have my full support.

Meanwhile constant bickering amongst the support and unfair criticism of Officials and players does absoulutely nothing to improve the situation. Polite and constructive comment is the way ahead.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 25-08-2017 at 11:42 AM.

I was speaking to a guy yesterday that's supported Queens for many years and asked him if he had seen any games yet. Answer was no and I'm not going back because of the smoking ban and know others doing the same !

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I was speaking to a guy yesterday that's supported Queens for many years and asked him if he had seen any games yet. Answer was no and I'm not going back because of the smoking ban and know others doing the same !
    It may not be knocking hundreds off the gate but the fact remains it IS having an effect on attendances . The 4 elderly gentlemen that stand near us haven't been seen this season and it was confirmed to us last Saturday that they won't be becuase of the smoking ban . It was a crazy idea to completely ban it , it had been the rule for years but was overlooked by many small clubs as the smokers would simply stand away from the covered areas where they annoyed nobody .
    Time for a reconsider Queens , or tell the stewards to turn a blind eye like they have done for YEARS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)