+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brooks is going to be some player.......

Brooks is going to be some player.......

Just a shame we wont see it though

Just 9 days left premiership boys

Ready , Steady , cheque book !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Just a shame we wont see it though

Just 9 days left premiership boys

Ready , Steady , cheque book !!!!

I agree

Not one word from the club regards their quest to try and get him tied to a longer deal

All we've heard are the reasons why we can't hold on to our top prospects, instead of perhaps telling us how we intend to persuade him his immediate future lies under the stewardship of CW

not a cat in hells chance of keeping him but lets just make sure we get plenty for him and insert a 20 per cent sell on clause and please please mr mcabe let chris have the money to reinvest in the team

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    I agree

Not one word from the club regards their quest to try and get him tied to a longer deal

All we've heard are the reasons why we can't hold on to our top prospects, instead of perhaps telling us how we intend to persuade him his immediate future lies under the stewardship of CW
    Its difficult to know where to start?

How much do you think Brooks is worth? 2 million, 5 million? I've heard some say 10 million.
    However the way transfer prices are going up, if he's really the big PL bound superstar some think, then in 5 years (when prices have shot up so much that £100 mill transfers are relatively common) he'll easily be worth £50 million.

So imagine you were Brooks agent and today we offered him £5K a week for 5 years = 1.25 million contract
    Imagine we double our highest paid player and give him £20K a week for 5 years = 5 million contract

What I'm trying to say is that based on fans thinking he's the next superstar, then surely his agent will want a massive £30K a week.
    But even at those obscene wages it could still be a great investment.

However imagine how the other players will feel when a young kid who's hardly played gets triple and quadruple what solid pros are paid. Would it not destroy the team spirit, would other players demand a double or triple pay rise.

Not saying this will happen but it's not as simple as "pay him what ever he wants'
    We almost fell for that when we had Ebanks-Landell, many were convinced he was the next Chris Morgan and he should offer Wolves £500K and build our defence around the dominating EEL making him one of our highest paid players.
    Last edited by almostsignedmaradona; 23-08-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    I agree

Also to be fair United as a business like almost every club in England.

Fortunately we don't need to sell but every player has a price.
    Every club in the world apart from Real Madrid and possibly Barcelona are a selling club, so we are no different.
    The objective is to get a good deal and make sure most of it is re-invested to make the team better overall.
    There no way he'll be sold for 2 or 3 million, like some think.

I hope we keep him.