+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notts Match Day Bet Competition – Game 4 Accrington

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I can’t find a price for this combined bet on Bet365. They only appear to be offering 3/1 for a Notts win & over 2.5 goals.

Let me know if you find one, as I may have missed it.

If not, do you want £2.50 on a Notts win @ 6/4 & £2.50 on over 1.5 goals @ 1/4?
    As someone that doesn't bet (never been in a bookies in my life), I'm intrigued by the over 1.5 or 2.5 goals. Is it the same as saying over 1 goal or over 2 goals? Do they give odds on over 3.14159 goals?

Just got in from a spot of scuba-diving in the Caribbean......sorry to be a pain in the Gluteus Maximus, but I think my winnings are slightly short.

If we start the next week with "minus £5" for losing our bets, surely our "winnings" should include our winning stake?

My bets were:
    Decimal BET 365 odds:
    £2 - Notts HT/FT 6.00
    £1.50 - Notts to win both halves 15
    £1.50 Over 3.5 goals 3.75

Bet 1 is now +£12, Bet 2 is -£1.50, Bet 3 is +£5.63 = total +£16.13

I started out the week on -£6.10 (no idea if my previous winning bets were calculated the same way, I need to check).....so I should be +£10.03?....unless I'm not understanding the rules correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Just got in from a spot of scuba-diving in the Caribbean......sorry to be a pain in the Gluteus Maximus, but I think my winnings are slightly short.

If we start the next week with "minus £5" for losing our bets, surely our "winnings" should include our winning stake?

My bets were:
    Decimal BET 365 odds:
    £2 - Notts HT/FT 6.00

Bet 1 is now +£12, Bet 2 is -£1.50, Bet 3 is +£5.63 = total +£16.13

I started out the week on -£6.10 (no idea if my previous winning bets were calculated the same way, I need to check).....so I should be +£10.03?....unless I'm not understanding the rules correctly?
    Hi Tarkers

Let’s take this weeks as an example.

Fractional odds – Notts to win – 6/4
    £1 Stake - £2.50 Return – Profit £1.50

Decimal odds – Notts to win 2.50

In other words the decimal odds of 2.50 in fact include the stake. They’re showing the return.

So your figure of +£16.13 includes the stake twice. Knock the £3.50 stake off and you get +£12.63.

Knock your opening balance of -£6.10 and you get an overall profit after 3 weeks of £6.53

Hope that explains it.

If you go right down to the bottom of the page on Bet365, I believe you have an option to change between Fractional and Decimal odds.

If you're in this country the option is at the top of the page.
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 23-08-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    As someone that doesn't bet (never been in a bookies in my life), I'm intrigued by the over 1.5 or 2.5 goals. Is it the same as saying over 1 goal or over 2 goals? Do they give odds on over 3.14159 goals?
    Yes it looks weird. What the bookies do is give a figure of say 1.5 as an example.

You're then offered odds of under 1.5 (i.e 0 or 1 goal) or over 1.5 (i.e. 2,3,4,5,6 etc goals)
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 23-08-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Hi Tarkers

Let’s take this weeks as an example.

Fractional odds – Notts to win – 6/4

Decimal odds – Notts to win 2.50

In other words the decimal odds of 2.50 in fact include the stake. They’re showing the return.

So your figure of +£16.13 includes the stake twice. Knock the £3.50 stake off and you get +£12.63.

Knock your opening balance of -£6.10 and you get an overall profit after 3 weeks of £6.53

Hope that explains it.
    I understand your post.......what I'm saying, is that if I place a losing bet of £5 (or don't bet at all).....I am -£5....correct?......but if I place a winning bet of £5 at evens, my total should be +£10, not +£5.......you are giving everyone a free £5 to bet BUT they don't start the next week at zero ie they have no winnings, you are putting us at -£5 ie they are a LOSER, having lost their money.....so surely the same rule should apply if I place a WINNING bet....I should keep my winnings PLUS my stake money.....BECAUSE I DIDN'T LOSE IT

I've been traveling for 17 hours so maybe I'm not seeing this correctly.....all I'm saying is.....if I lose my stake money, I understand it goes onto the minus side, BUT if I win, my stake money should be included in the plus side

I understand your post.......what I'm saying, is that if I place a losing bet of £5 (or don't bet at all).....I am -£5....correct?......but if I place a winning bet of £5 at evens, my total should be +£10, not +£5.......you are giving everyone a free £5 to bet BUT they don't start the next week at zero ie they have no winnings, you are putting us at -£5 ie they are a LOSER, having lost their money.....so surely the same rule should apply if I place a WINNING bet....I should keep my winnings PLUS my stake money.....BECAUSE I DIDN'T LOSE IT

I've been traveling for 17 hours so maybe I'm not seeing this correctly.....all I'm saying is.....if I lose my stake money, I understand it goes onto the minus side, BUT if I win, my stake money should be included in the plus side
    My bets were:
    Decimal BET 365 odds:
    £2 - Notts HT/FT 6.00

Bet 1 is now +£12, Bet 2 is -£1.50, Bet 3 is +£5.63 = total +£16.13 ---- NO, Yes and NO

Bet 1 Odds 5/1 : Bet 2 Odds 14/1 : Bet 3 Odds 11/4

So Bet 1 is now +£10, Bet 2 is -£1.50, Bet 3 is +£4.13 = Total +£12.63

....another way to explain this:

there are lots of people on minus £15, because they either LOST their stake money or didn't bet.......BUT when they do win, you are only giving them their winnings, not their stake money back.....if one side is their LOSING stakes, the other side should be winnings PLUS their returned stake money

My bets were:
    Decimal BET 365 odds:
    £2 - Notts HT/FT 6.00

Bet 1 is now +£12, Bet 2 is -£1.50, Bet 3 is +£5.63 = total +£16.13 ---- NO, Yes and NO

Bet 1 Odds 5/1 : Bet 2 Odds 14/1 : Bet 3 Odds 11/4

So Bet 1 is now +£10, Bet 2 is -£1.50, Bet 3 is +£4.13 = Total +£12.63
    You have just basically answered my query........you are giving me a MINUS £1.50 for a losing bet (not a zero winnings).....but on the two winning bets you are only clocking up my winnings....not giving me my stake back......can someone else join in please!!

You have just basically answered my query........you are giving me a MINUS £1.50 for a losing bet (not a zero winnings).....but on the two winning bets you are only clocking up my winnings....not giving me my stake back......can someone else join in please!!
    Have to agree with you Tarquin. It should either be an invisible £5 stake where a losing bet is settled at £0.00 and a 2/1 winning bet is settled at +£10.00, or a pretend £5 stake where a losing bet is settled at -£5.00 and a 2/1 winning bet is settled at +£15.00. Only a real mug punter would patronise a bookie who keeps your fiver when you lose but doesn't include it in your returns when you win!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Have to agree with you Tarquin. It should either be an invisible £5 stake where a losing bet is settled at £0.00 and a 2/1 winning bet is settled at +£10.00, or a pretend £5 stake where a losing bet is settled at -£5.00 and a 2/1 winning bet is settled at +£15.00. Only a real mug punter would patronise a bookie who keeps your fiver when you lose but doesn't include it in your returns when you win!
    Thank you EP, I thought it was me going crazy from the "bends"........if I have a winner, then I should be credited with the stake money as well BECAUSE if I lose, I automatically go into the "minus" column by the stated rules.

ps When are you off to Cuba?...... had a great time on the Caribbean coast though the mozzies have left my legs in a mess....Hurricane Harvey fizzled out, loads of rain to hatch out the eggs, not enough wind to hold them at bay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast