+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing mentality

Losing mentality

I am sorry to say that the losing mentality that surrounded the club last season has not left. We are used to losing and we accept losing far too easily. The manager is not helping by praising the players after each defeat. Many footballers aren't the brightest and when the manager constantly praises them despite poor results they don't see anything is wrong.
    This is not so much about tonight but its now 28 away without a win, I have only been to 11 of those games but I am sick of losing and we need to stop accepting defeat. I can't imagine how those who have been to 20+ or even all 28 must feel.

When you play 12 men every away game it dunt help. The ref was wa nk again. And we have Kettle on saturday....

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I am sorry to say that the losing mentality that surrounded the club last season has not left. We are used to losing and we accept losing far too easily. The manager is not helping by praising the players after each defeat. Many footballers aren't the brightest and when the manager constantly praises them despite poor results they don't see anything is wrong.
    This is not so much about tonight but its now 28 away without a win, I have only been to 11 of those games but I am sick of losing and we need to stop accepting defeat. I can't imagine how those who have been to 20+ or even all 28 must feel.
    I touched on this on the match thread, and it's definitley an issue, it's about having the confidence to win, rather than the acceptance of a loss. I disagree with your criticism of Warne though for praisig the players, particularly after tonights game, against a premier league team, Warne is juggling a decent squad (imo) a squad which is showing promise, i think you'll agree, but to publicly slag his players would be wrong, we're fragile, it's plain to see to you, and me, and he needs to nurture rather than bash them.

We need not to cave in if the opposition scores a goal. How many times did we concede one then another within minutes last season? If we had steadied the ship at least for a while today who knows what might have happened. Its like heads just go down.

Not sure where you get the loosing mentality from.. we loose at posh to one mistake. We loose tonight through a poor ref...
    Warne should praise the lads tonight because they played some good stuff... He should praise the side last Saturday because we played some good stuff.
    Ffs what do you want him to say

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Not sure where you get the loosing mentality from.. we loose at posh to one mistake. We loose tonight through a poor ref...
    Warne should praise the lads tonight because they played some good stuff... He should praise the side last Saturday because we played some good stuff.
    Ffs what do you want him to say
    Cayton, I went tonight and we lost. I went on Saturday and we lost. We did play some good stuff on Saturday but we lost again and on another day we might have lost heavily. Peterboro created a huge amount of chances amd the early shot that hit the crossbar went two feet over the line. The defeat at Fleetwood was excused as it was against a team that did well last season, well Peterboro finished more than 40 points behind the champions so what is the excuse there? Surely Warney is as sick of losing as I am?
    As for tonight, when we had a go at them we looked dangerous but we did play differently as we didn't put any pressure on the ball. Even though it was Huddersfield's second string, they didn't give the ball away so we had very little possession. In my opinion a midfield 2 of Vaulks and Dom Ball won't cut it at league 1 level, never mind playing against potentail premier league players.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Cayton, I went tonight and we lost. I went on Saturday and we lost. We did play some good stuff on Saturday but we lost again and on another day we might have lost heavily. Peterboro created a huge amount of chances amd the early shot that hit the crossbar went two feet over the line. The defeat at Fleetwood was excused as it was against a team that did well last season, well Peterboro finished more than 40 points behind the champions so what is the excuse there? Surely Warney is as sick of losing as I am?
    As for tonight, when we had a go at them we looked dangerous but we did play differently as we didn't put any pressure on the ball. Even though it was Huddersfield's second string, they didn't give the ball away so we had very little possession. In my opinion a midfield 2 of Vaulks and Dom Ball won't cut it at league 1 level, never mind playing against potentail premier league players.
    I appreciate all that Tony and respect your opinion, but surely you can see that Vaulks and Ball are the second string, the reason that Potter and Frecks wernt even on the bench speak volumes. Despite that, we've put a decent show up, haven't we? i think you're right in terms of the losing mentality, but wrong in terms of how we get out of it.

Agree it's gone on far too long I think I've missed 1 of them away games.
    The ref was shocking last night and we just don't seem to be able to get the win or draw for that matter away.
    However there isn't any evidence to suggest the players are not in it together it's clear that this team this season is getting there and a couple of wins in a row would change everything for the whole club players fans it would lift us.
    I think we have to stick with Warne because for me he has a genuine desire to achieve for the club and my gut feeling tells me given time he may just do it.

UTM

Warney put out a weak team last night, even though this was the League Cup, not the Mickymouse Cup That decision was backed by most Millersmadsters on here . Many of the players chosen have barely won a game whilst wearing a Millers shirt. We lost to Huddersfield reserves after, yet again, taking the lead. Burton Albion got through to Round 3 and are playing Man. Utd away.

In retrospect, correct strategy?

I don't agree with this last night (I didn't go) was listening to it and saw the goals on sky.

I think the players did well in the game considering it was a soft penalty, we didn't get the penalty and a disallowed goal due to the prem star studded ref Peter Bankes and I'm sure it's not the first time he's done us with a disallowed goal either and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Portsmouth will be the away game we win and on we go

Warney chose that team due to it being on Wednesday and we have a game on Saturday against a strong side , I don't agree with it but thats what was behind the team selection last night

Oh and Dom Ball shouldn't be in midfield
    Last edited by millertop; 24-08-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast